British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

EXCEPT Poland possibly ...

Which is the point I was making earlier, Extraliga are already planning behind closed doors meetings so it not impossible they could stage SGP, even though its not their competition.

Received an e mail today saying tickets will be dispatched 14 days prior to event.:rolleyes:

I don't understand why bsi, can't be honest with the fans they all ready know the stadium at Cardiff will not be available this year or early next year. 

35 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

I don't understand why bsi, can't be honest with the fans they all ready know the stadium at Cardiff will not be available this year or early next year. 

Probably down to insurance. Maybe they need the government to cancel it & not cancel it themselves.

• Like 1

Not being funny but who’d purchase a stadium ticket for any sporting event for this year at the moment? Yes BSI shouldn’t be still making tickets available I agree but I don’t think anyone would be crazy enough to still buy a ticket - would they ?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Not being funny but who’d purchase a stadium ticket for any sporting event for this year at the moment? Yes BSI shouldn’t be still making tickets available I agree but I don’t think anyone would be crazy enough to still buy a ticket - would they ?? 

Yea but most of us have had tickets and hotels ( and flights ) booked since September just want to know what maybe happening !!

5 hours ago, Neila said:

Yea but most of us have had tickets and hotels ( and flights ) booked since September just want to know what maybe happening !!

Stopping or stemming a global pandemic is a bit higher up the importance list than a Cardiff GP.   You'll find out next Sunday for certain if a large gathering of 40,000+ people will be allowed in mid July.   

Even the most optmistic person would struggle to think Cardiff will take place with or without a crowd.   Once the government say the GP cannot be held then insurance will be claimed and tickets refunded.   

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Neila said:

That’s a very good point - but the moaning was why are tickets still on sale for sale 

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Stopping or stemming a global pandemic is a bit higher up the importance list than a Cardiff GP.   You'll find out next Sunday for certain if a large gathering of 40,000+ people will be allowed in mid July.   

Even the most optmistic person would struggle to think Cardiff will take place with or without a crowd.   Once the government say the GP cannot be held then insurance will be claimed and tickets refunded.   

I can’t see anywhere near 40,000 attending Cardiff this year if by the slimmest of chance it even happens - as a city would they want that sort of attendance people traveling form all over the country potentially with some carrying the virus into the city then there is hotels restaurants bars another breeding ground for the virus and they are looking like they will be the last to reopen  - 40,000 ? I personally wouldn’t go anywhere near Cardiff Gp be lucky if 20,000 attend in my opinion many will take a view that attending isn’t a risk worth taking .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Has it not been announced that the Stadium will remain a Hospital till next year ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Has it not been announced that the Stadium will remain a Hospital till next year ?

If that’s the case they might as well cancel  it - maybe a switch to the National speedway stadium in the Autumn is on the cards ? 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think it was in Welsh press last week that the hospital was due to stay till 2021, and Welsh rugby are susposed to be looking at other venues for autumn rugby and 6 nations next year, so no chance of a gp at Cardiff imo

• Like 1

DOES anyone know whether the improvised hospital at the Principality is getting much use. The much heralded  Nightingale hospital in East London is already being moth-balled.

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES anyone know whether the improvised hospital at the Principality is getting much use. The much heralded  Nightingale hospital in East London is already being moth-balled.

Probably not, but I imagine it will be on standby for the second wave. Certainly the noises from  the Welsh rugby authorities seem to suggest that it will probably not be available to them over the next 9 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Ready for the 2nd wave if we get one.    Whoever put the plan together to get the tewmporary hospitals built in such a a short time did a great job.