British Speedway Forum

Phil is hopeful they can get the hospital out, a track laid and a meeting done, before they even notice :rofl:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Phil is hopeful they can get the hospital out, a track laid and a meeting done, before they even notice :rofl:

AM I? 

8 hours ago, Haza said:

If that’s the case they might as well cancel  it - maybe a switch to the National speedway stadium in the Autumn is on the cards ? 

Surely the only way a GP happens in the uk in 2020 behind closed doors. 

Cardiff clearly not financially viable in that case. Question is whether national stadium would be - whether sponsorship and broadcasting would cover the costs. 

BSI Were told nearly 3 weeks ago that the stadium was unavailable for the Speedway GP and the WRFU couldn’t guarantee any future 2020 dates due to uncertainty when the stadium will be returned to them as although it is not in use the time it takes to get it equipped the government need to have these emergency hospitals in place in case of a second wave of outbreak. The WRFU like NEC and Excel are getting very good compensation payments for venue hire.

Getting back on topic not sure why BSI are reluctant to cancel Cardiff whether it’s financial and want  to keep ticket sale money for as long as possible or more likely that they are looking at putting the whole GP series on hold for 2020 as they have already lost a number of events and Warsaw and Wroclaw are in serious doubt at present as well.

There is also no firm information coming out of Russia about when and who they will let into their country following Covid19 it was already a pain to get visas and permits but fully expect even further restrictions.

I note with particular interest that Both the German and Czech GPs are held at traditional Speedway tracks and promoted by the relevant clubs but yet when cancelled cannot give new dates this I believe due to having no plans to stage these events this year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES anyone know whether the improvised hospital at the Principality is getting much use. The much heralded  Nightingale hospital in East London is already being moth-balled.

Not being mothballed at all. 

As said many times, the only reason it's not being used as much now is that so many hospitals in london had tripled and more their capacity, so most hospitals have coped with the flow to a point with the exception of Homerton, Whipps and Newham in the early to mid stages of the lockdown.

Once elective surgery and clinics start to come back across london, the extra capacity that is currently available will disappear quick enough.

As for Wales, they will be as susceptible down there no doubt once normal hospital traffic resumes, so i doubt the stadium will get off scot free as far as usage goes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flagrag said:

BSI Were told nearly 3 weeks ago that the stadium was unavailable for the Speedway GP and the WRFU couldn’t guarantee any future 2020 dates due to uncertainty when the stadium will be returned to them as although it is not in use the time it takes to get it equipped the government need to have these emergency hospitals in place in case of a second wave of outbreak. The WRFU like NEC and Excel are getting very good compensation payments for venue hire.

Getting back on topic not sure why BSI are reluctant to cancel Cardiff whether it’s financial and want  to keep ticket sale money for as long as possible or more likely that they are looking at putting the whole GP series on hold for 2020 as they have already lost a number of events and Warsaw and Wroclaw are in serious doubt at present as well.

Waiting to be told by the Government that mass events cannot be held or the stadium is needed as a hospital.  Then BSI claim the insurance.  At the moment there is no reason not to hold the GP as we're officially locked away only to end of this week.  That changes on May 10th when we are told the UK exit plan. 

On 5/2/2020 at 1:43 PM, topaz325 said:

Yes does not look good to say the least about any speedway this year.

Hopefully get a refund on tickets but hotel another matter :neutral:

Surely you would book a hotel with free cancellation ? 

5 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Change your forum name to  Mr Hindsight.    

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mark said:

Change your forum name to  Mr Hindsight.    

There are many reasons that you might struggle to attend an event months away. Just common sense to me to pay slightly more, & cover any problems.

47 minutes ago, proud panther said:

There are many reasons that you might struggle to attend an event months away. Just common sense to me to pay slightly more, & cover any problems.

Change your forum name to Mr Rich Hindsight

12 hours ago, Mark said:

Change your forum name to Mr Rich Hindsight

Didn't work out cheaper by booking a budget hotel, so you must be the rich one to throw your money away. No good moaning about it when you could have booked a free cancellation option for more money.

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Didn't work out cheaper by booking a budget hotel, so you must be the rich one to throw your money away. No good moaning about it when you could have booked a free cancellation option for more money.

Have I moaned ?  

Does anyone know when a definite decision will be made on Cardiff GP taking place? 

I see it is now set to be the opening GP of the series.  I also note it hasn’t been advertised in the Speedway Star of late.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 8:26 PM, proud panther said:

Sure did, just waiting for official confirmation its cancelled so I can cancel my bookings

Well i didn't book with cancellation insurance, more fool me:D, may not see another GP for many years with the current situation.:unsure: