British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, a4poster said:

Does anyone know when a definite decision will be made on Cardiff GP taking place? 

I see it is now set to be the opening GP of the series.  I also note it hasn’t been advertised in the Speedway Star of late.

Well I think in all honesty it’s already cancelled the stadium going to be a COVID Hospital till well into 2021 by all accounts - it may not be officially cancelled but we may no a little more on Sunday on what restrictions are going to be lifted . 

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Sure did, just waiting for official confirmation its cancelled so I can cancel my bookings

We book with free cancellation, & if hotel goes cheaper, we cancel & book it again at cheaper price. Must add, we haven't managed to do that regarding Cardiff over the years. 

Had an email from Premier Inn earlier, not that i have booked with them for Cardiff weekend, They have now done away with their No Refund/Changes booking terms and now have 3 options Flex. Semi Flex and advance. Anyone with a booking on a Non Flex booking will be automatically changed to advance. This gives the option of cancellation upto 28 days beforehand and booking can be amended upto 1pm on day of arrival. Semi Flex gives option to cancel upto 3 days before and can be amended upto 1pm on arrival day. Flex can be cancelled or amended upto 1pm on day of arrival

19 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Had an email from Premier Inn earlier, not that i have booked with them for Cardiff weekend, They have now done away with their No Refund/Changes booking terms and now have 3 options Flex. Semi Flex and advance. Anyone with a booking on a Non Flex booking will be automatically changed to advance. This gives the option of cancellation upto 28 days beforehand and booking can be amended upto 1pm on day of arrival. Semi Flex gives option to cancel upto 3 days before and can be amended upto 1pm on arrival day. Flex can be cancelled or amended upto 1pm on day of arrival

That's maybe a good thing, but you can bet that whenever Cardiff is staged premier Inn will already know and charge top price !!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

That's maybe a good thing, but you can bet that whenever Cardiff is staged premier Inn will already know and charge top price !!

But that's the way of the world. Anywhere you go if there's a big event on prices rise.

This year we booked to stay at the University again, we have stayed in numerous hotels in Cardiff in the early years and got fed up with the rip off prices, obviously at this time i don't know how we stand regarding refunds or maybe rolling the booking over to next year. Lets be honest there isn't going to be a GP in Cardiff in July unless there's some radical change in circumstances in the next 2-3 weeks.

We've stayed at the university for a fair few years now, it's basic but clean and handy for getting into the City Centre. At the end of the day we're a group of blokes so it suits us down to the ground. Last year we went down the Air BnB route and we paid around £80 each and to be fair it was a nice place in Penarth and the locals in the pub around the corner gave us good advice on getting into the City Centre quickly and cheaply. We only stay in Cardiff on the saturday nowadays as make a weekend of it by going to the Pairs on the friday night and staying in the Vegas of the West, Burnham on Sea on the friday night

18 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

This year we booked to stay at the University again, we have stayed in numerous hotels in Cardiff in the early years and got fed up with the rip off prices, obviously at this time i don't know how we stand regarding refunds or maybe rolling the booking over to next year. Lets be honest there isn't going to be a GP in Cardiff in July unless there's some radical change in circumstances in the next 2-3 weeks.

We've stayed at the university for a fair few years now, it's basic but clean and handy for getting into the City Centre. 

Hi, how do you book at the University please? Do they have their own website?

18 hours ago, Neila said:

They didn't this year, I booked with a cancellation option as soon as it was announced

they tried to charge me up front and when I complained they agreed I had booked before they changed their conditions and I got a refund and I cancel free of charge once it has been cancelled officialy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heather12 said:

Hi, how do you book at the University please? Do they have their own website?

Cardiff university website has an accomodation section, you contact them through this and they email you the link for booking, Cheapest rooms are shared bathroom for a couple of quid more you get ensuite

Heather12 i've PM'd you

. If you still follow an active team or TBH an inactive one i can pretty much bet that you know someone who stays there or has stayed there. I booked for 18 people back in 2013 and we bumped into another 20 odd from Oxford staying on the same campus

Edited by Triple.H.
Mr Forgetful am i
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:12 PM, Triple.H. said:

But that's the way of the world. Anywhere you go if there's a big event on prices rise.

We've stayed at the university for a fair few years now, it's basic but clean and handy for getting into the City Centre. At the end of the day we're a group of blokes so it suits us down to the ground. Last year we went down the Air BnB route and we paid around £80 each and to be fair it was a nice place in Penarth and the locals in the pub around the corner gave us good advice on getting into the City Centre quickly and cheaply. We only stay in Cardiff on the saturday nowadays as make a weekend of it by going to the Pairs on the friday night and staying in the Vegas of the West, Burnham on Sea on the friday night

I had an email from the Uni booking team on 03/04/20 saying if the event is cancelled, they are waiving their usual T&C’s and you will get a refund. 

• Like 2

As at 19/05/2020, tickets are still on sale, via the SGP web site, so by all accounts, everything is just fine and dandy, so what's everyone in a flap about?

https://speedwaygp2020.seetickets.com/event/2020-adrian-flux-british-fim-speedway-grand-prix/cardiff/1435110?utm_source=Direct&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=Cardiff_SGP_2020&utm_content=23092019_BRITSIHSGP_BUYTICKETS 

It's going to be great. Don't miss it. No brakes, no fear and all that. Have a great day out in Cardiff. Always assuming that the Heddlu (Welsh Police) actually allow you to cross the border into their country. And with Ryanair cancelling all flights to and from the continent until August, there won't be any of them pesky Poles, or drunken Danes, or spaced-out Swedes there. The Welsh can have the stadium to themselves. That should make social distancing easier, isn't it?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

As at 19/05/2020, tickets are still on sale, via the SGP web site, so by all accounts, everything is just fine and dandy, so what's everyone in a flap about?

https://speedwaygp2020.seetickets.com/event/2020-adrian-flux-british-fim-speedway-grand-prix/cardiff/1435110?utm_source=Direct&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=Cardiff_SGP_2020&utm_content=23092019_BRITSIHSGP_BUYTICKETS 

It's going to be great. Don't miss it. No brakes, no fear and all that. Have a great day out in Cardiff. Always assuming that the Heddlu (Welsh Police) actually allow you to cross the border into their country. And with Ryanair cancelling all flights to and from the continent until August, there won't be any of them pesky Poles, or drunken Danes, or spaced-out Swedes there. The Welsh can have the stadium to themselves. That should make social distancing easier, isn't it?

That’s very interesting that they are still continuing to sell tickets for an event that has already been cancelled with the WRFU for July. 
Further evidence today with Welsh FA finishing all league football as no crowds going to be allowed in Wales until September.

I don’t think anybody knows why BSI do not want to formally cancel this the only assumption that can be made is that they are trying to make decisions about the whole series for 2020

26 minutes ago, flagrag said:

That’s very interesting that they are still continuing to sell tickets for an event that has already been cancelled with the WRFU for July. 
Further evidence today with Welsh FA finishing all league football as no crowds going to be allowed in Wales until September.

I don’t think anybody knows why BSI do not want to formally cancel this the only assumption that can be made is that they are trying to make decisions about the whole series for 2020

Weird no decision but it must be insurance.   Has the Welsh government definitely said no crowds at sporting events.    No expert on Welsh football but do they get a crowd worth talking about at matches

I see this was announced yesterday :

German metal band Rammstein have announced a new date for their huge Cardiff gig.

The band were due to perform at the Principality Stadium on June 14 but recently cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic

However, the band have confirmed that a new date in Cardiff has now been arranged. You'll be able to go and see them on June 16, 2021

Has anyone spoke to ticketmaster or see tickets to see when tickets will be sent, Im sure they must be aware as they wont print and send tickets ??

Noticed some hotels in Cardiff not taking bookings for June but can still book for July so "they " are taking one step at a time.

Not that I think it will go ahead this year.

42 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Noticed some hotels in Cardiff not taking bookings for June but can still book for July so "they " are taking one step at a time.

Not that I think it will go ahead this year.

Fair.  June 1st due to be next crucial date on lock down. Know a lot more on 2 weeks.