British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Noticed some hotels in Cardiff not taking bookings for June but can still book for July so "they " are taking one step at a time.

Not that I think it will go ahead this year.

Hospitality ( hotels ) and maybe pubs in England are talking about 4th July opening with social distancing measures in place. But as Cardiff is under Welsh rules this may differ, does not matter too much as it will be off, just need bsi to have some balls and confirm what we all suspect is true !!:neutral:

17 hours ago, Neila said:

Hospitality ( hotels ) and maybe pubs in England are talking about 4th July opening with social distancing measures in place. But as Cardiff is under Welsh rules this may differ, does not matter too much as it will be off, just need bsi to have some balls and confirm what we all suspect is true !!:neutral:

They just trying to hold on to ticket money as long as possible,every man and his dog knows it ain’t going to happen.:rolleyes:

Hotels do not have to refund.   Not there fault the GP is cancelled.

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

What is the situation regarding refund though if a hotel was closed?

If its closed for business the hotel has cancelled your reservation so you will get a 100% refund.  Same as Easy Jet cancelling a flight as that is also full money back.    Assume you don't mean the hotel has gone bust ?  You will be in trouble getting money back if they have closed for ever.   But in that case speak with your bank to get a refund under the terms of your debit card.

• Like 1

I was on a sports industry webinar this week and a senior figure at the Principality Stadium was talking more like TWO YEARS before normal service can resume.

This goes way beyond social distancing in your seats, it goes from entrance and exit logistics to the need sanitise toilets and bars after EVERY INDIVIDUAL use. In short, it is a logistical and practical nightmare and as such, not viable. It was a pretty sobering insight. In short, keep your hard earned cash in your pocket. It simply aint happening this year and we'll be very lucky to see it back in 2021. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, falcace said:

I was on a sports industry webinar this week and a senior figure at the Principality Stadium was talking more like TWO YEARS before normal service can resume.

This goes way beyond social distancing in your seats, it goes from entrance and exit logistics to the need sanitise toilets and bars after EVERY INDIVIDUAL use. In short, it is a logistical and practical nightmare and as such, not viable. It was a pretty sobering insight. In short, keep your hard earned cash in your pocket. It simply aint happening this year and we'll be very lucky to see it back in 2021. :(

You might be right.  You might be wrong.  No one knows.  What the Stadium employee says means sweet FA doesn't it.   I'm getting iritated reading opinion of this sort as it has no susbstance.  Pure guesswork and just alarmist for some people.      

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mark said:

You might be right.  You might be wrong.  No one knows.  What the Stadium employee says means sweet FA doesn't it.   I'm getting iritated reading opinion of this sort as it has no susbstance.  Pure guesswork and just alarmist for some people.      

This is a group of CEOs, directors, senior managers and the person in question was no office junior. It was a decision maker. I don't say this with any glee at all. It's terrible news. But what was said was highly credible from a credible source. 

I do understand your cynicism. I am under no illusion I am just another bloke on the internet posting some unaccountable opinion. No problem. Fair enough. 

Edited by falcace
  • Like 1

I am in the dark as much as anyone regarding the chance of the Principality Stadium being available later in the season.

BUT.............this link gives some idea  of what is going on there at present. (A few weeks ago).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/inside-new-ward-covid-19-18085716

Apologies if this has been posted previously but it seems some on this site are unaware?

3 hours ago, falcace said:

This is a group of CEOs, directors, senior managers and the person in question was no office junior. It was a decision maker. I don't say this with any glee at all. It's terrible news. But what was said was highly credible from a credible source. 

I do understand your cynicism. I am under no illusion I am just another bloke on the internet posting some unaccountable opinion. No problem. Fair enough. 

Total rubbish - Rammstein have rescheduled for June 16th 2021.

Edited by Noodles

4 hours ago, falcace said:

Sure it was no't with glee and accept your position .   Policy is decided by the government and that is changing most days     Its a moving target but newspapers and internet are full of rubbish.   

Edited by Mark

8 hours ago, Noodles said:

Total rubbish - Rammstein have rescheduled for June 16th 2021.

Of course. Many big gigs nationwide have simply been put back a year, including my visit to Eden to see Lionel Richie! There are also mass participation events, ie London and Manchester Marathons rescheduled for this October.  But these are optimistic, best-case-scenario arrangements.

Without a vaccine, the safety of mass crowds is a logistical and practical nightmare....and ultimately cost prohibitive. As an aside, I also work in the event industry at a regional level and I cancelled our events months ago when this situation began. Longer-term, I also dread to think what this will do to public liability insurance fees.

So, I am passing on a realistic assessment from a credible source to help people better decide whether to part with their well earned money for future events. Take from that what you will. If you wish to stock with tickets and hotel bookings that's entirely your business. I wish you well.

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Sure it was no't with glee and accept your position .   Policy is decided by the government and that is changing most days     Its a moving target but newspapers and internet are full of rubbish.   

Yes...and let's be honest..there's been a fair bit of rubbish from the Government too.

It's worth remembering that football shut down before any Government guidelines forced it. They have been on the back foot right from the start of this situation and given the country's position in this crisis compared to other countries, they haven't exactly positioned themselves as an unquestionable, reliable authority. Sure, the event industry will still take on Government input and advice, but they will make their own decisions on when it is safe, logistically possible, practical and viable to reopen. If you are in charge of a venue like the Principality or the O2, used to overseeing events hosting tens of thousands of people on a regular basis, you are going to broaden your considerations way beyond the words of Matt Hancock, Priti Patel etc.

What I pass on from is unfiltered by media...well, I am the filter I suppose. My only interest is my intended visit to the GP this year and based on what I have heard directly from the horse's mouth, there is no chance of it happening, with serious doubts for next year too. I hope I am proved wrong, then I will buy you a pint at Cardiff and you can dismiss me as another internet nut job. :)

50 minutes ago, falcace said:

Of course. Many big gigs nationwide have simply been put back a year, including my visit to Eden to see Lionel Richie! There are also mass participation events, ie London and Manchester Marathons rescheduled for this October.  But these are optimistic, best-case-scenario arrangements.

Without a vaccine, the safety of mass crowds is a logistical and practical nightmare....and ultimately cost prohibitive. As an aside, I also work in the event industry at a regional level and I cancelled our events months ago when this situation began. Longer-term, I also dread to think what this will do to public liability insurance fees.

So, I am passing on a realistic assessment from a credible source to help people better decide whether to part with their well earned money for future events. Take from that what you will. If you wish to stock with tickets and hotel bookings that's entirely your business. I wish you well.

Yes...and let's be honest..there's been a fair bit of rubbish from the Government too.

It's worth remembering that football shut down before any Government guidelines forced it. They have been on the back foot right from the start of this situation and given the country's position in this crisis compared to other countries, they haven't exactly positioned themselves as an unquestionable, reliable authority. Sure, the event industry will still take on Government input and advice, but they will make their own decisions on when it is safe, logistically possible, practical and viable to reopen. If you are in charge of a venue like the Principality or the O2, used to overseeing events hosting tens of thousands of people on a regular basis, you are going to broaden your considerations way beyond the words of Matt Hancock, Priti Patel etc.

What I pass on from is unfiltered by media...well, I am the filter I suppose. My only interest is my intended visit to the GP this year and based on what I have heard directly from the horse's mouth, there is no chance of it happening, with serious doubts for next year too. I hope I am proved wrong, then I will buy you a pint at Cardiff and you can dismiss me as another internet nut job. :)

So you are saying that the Principality Stadium have agreed for a major concert to be booked for next June & sell tickets from their website - but a senior manager told you he knows it isn't going to go ahead?  He doesn't seem very good at decision making!

5 minutes ago, Noodles said:

So you are saying that the Principality Stadium have agreed for a major concert to be booked for next June & sell tickets from their website - but a senior manager told you he knows it isn't going to go ahead?  He doesn't seem very good at decision making!

Isn’t the Rammstein concert a new date ? So the tickets are already sold and will be used at the new date ? If it goes ahead next year or the year after makes no real difference 

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

I am saying the realistic assessment is two years before normal service is resumed.

It makes perfect sense for arrangements to be made for best case scenarios by event venues and organisers. That way, they are good to go if - and it's a big if - there are significant and imminent positive developments, ie. a vaccine. That's just sensible event planning, covering all eventualities. Every event organiser is now optimistically on plan B, but there is a realism that plan C, plan D, plan E and so on might come into effect.

It would be a poorly prepared event manager to say 100% that an event is definitely going to happen in June 2021 no matter what. All anyone can say at this time is that is what they are hoping for, no more no less. 

Edited by falcace