British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Just reported on the BBC news pages that the hospital contract at Cardiff stadium extended to at least September.

Well that confirms that then , what we all knew but bsi will now be able to make an announcement...

Be interesting if they cancel or postpone and try and run as last meeting in November ??

10 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Well that confirms that then , what we all knew but bsi will now be able to make an announcement...

Be interesting if they cancel or postpone and try and run as last meeting in November ??

Zero chance. Wales rugby team have home matches every weekend in November - and those will likely be behind closed doors. 

you'll see an announcement now, the situation has been decided and they will be able to claim insurance as it has been cancelled not by themselves

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

Zero chance. Wales rugby team have home matches every weekend in November - and those will likely be behind closed doors. 

Welsh rugby were already making plans for matches away  from principality stadium in autumn, from 1st announcement of hospital in April.

It will be interesting if BSI get statement out in the morning now that National Media have confirmed that the stadium will remain equipped as a hospital until the autumn.

I suspect that they are trying to do a release with new details of British GP at another venue with lower capacity(Not Belle Vue ) and also to confirm ticket prices and any GWG discounts they will offer to existing ticket holders so that BSI can keep the majority of money paid.

Any restaging of the event will also be subject to UK Government allowing events of over 2,000 people 

5 hours ago, flagrag said:

It will be interesting if BSI get statement out in the morning now that National Media have confirmed that the stadium will remain equipped as a hospital until the autumn.

I suspect that they are trying to do a release with new details of British GP at another venue with lower capacity(Not Belle Vue ) and also to confirm ticket prices and any GWG discounts they will offer to existing ticket holders so that BSI can keep the majority of money paid.

Any restaging of the event will also be subject to UK Government allowing events of over 2,000 people 

I’d have thought the obvious choice would be Belle Vue I say this because as things stand fans are not going to be able to attend so behind closed doors gp Live on tv on the original July Cardiff date is the only way forward I think - the other point is If fans could attend how many would at the moment ?because I certainly wouldn’t . 

• Like 1

Time for some people to stop living in a parallel universe.

There is not going to be any Sport in UK and probably most of Europe in 2020 with any substantial Crowd allowed to attend.

The only scope GP currently has would be "behind closed doors in Poland" where most of the riders are based until at least September.

It will be many months before any Crowd of more than a few hundred is allowed (indoor or outdoor) and most likely that Countries much farther along the wave 1 recovery curve will lead the way. New Zealand, no deaths and no infections for over a week as an example is talking about crowds of up to 100 by SEPTEMBER if those trends continue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One FIM meeting for junior riders in August in Germany was also cancelled yesterday

Going to be neigh on impossible to get a proper season done. So much for Mr Rising talking about May, June, July or August

Edited by iris123

21 minutes ago, iris123 said:

One FIM meeting for junior riders in August in Germany was also cancelled yesterday

Going to be neigh on impossible to get a proper season done. So much for Mr Rising talking about May, June, July or August

If only Cummings' had gone to Durham earlier then we would have all been off lock-down even earlier and PR would have been correct!!!.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

FIM Europe re-scheduled some events in Czech republic and France for august though....

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

I think MR Rising had been on the Riesling!!! :drink:

• Haha 1

According to the interview in the Speedway Star mr Godfrey is looking to a August re Start for League racing.