British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Time for some people to stop living in a parallel universe.

There is not going to be any Sport in UK and probably most of Europe in 2020 with any substantial Crowd allowed to attend.

The only scope GP currently has would be "behind closed doors in Poland" where most of the riders are based until at least September.

It will be many months before any Crowd of more than a few hundred is allowed (indoor or outdoor) and most likely that Countries much farther along the wave 1 recovery curve will lead the way. New Zealand, no deaths and no infections for over a week as an example is talking about crowds of up to 100 by SEPTEMBER if those trends continue.

How on earth can you be so certain, and....why?  Who knows what the situation will be in like in days, let alone weeks or months?

• Thanks 1

I agree with HGould. Sorry Rob, if you cant see that the situation is real and this lockdown will only be released very slowly and in stages. Just banging hundreds and thousands of people together at sports events and similar is just looking trouble straight in the face, the hospitals will be full, front line staff will be back into danger, so events with spectators are just not going to happen this year I reckon.  I have my concern about professional football taken place, even behind locked doors. Its a contact sport.  Speedway seems ok, because the riders are naturally pretty well protected, pit crew will just have to stay apart and be fewer in number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ANNOUNCEMENT about the 2020 British SGP expected from the FIM and BSI early next week...

So ticket sales suspended ? 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

So ticket sales suspended ? 

So that tells you something.

12 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d have thought the obvious choice would be Belle Vue I say this because as things stand fans are not going to be able to attend so behind closed doors gp Live on tv on the original July Cardiff date is the only way forward I think - the other point is If fans could attend how many would at the moment ?because I certainly wouldn’t . 

If a British Speedway GP happens in 2020 think you will find it more South East than Manchester , Belle Vue issue is the Speedway of Nations BSI do not want to dilute that especially if the events are quite close they may only be 3-4 weeks apart. 

Which ever way it is going to be a very different experience to Cardiff with all the social gatherings and drinking it will be all about the Speedway this year 

Edited by flagrag

22 minutes ago, flagrag said:

If a British Speedway GP happens in 2020 think you will find it more South East than Manchester , Belle Vue issue is the Speedway of Nations BSI do not want to dilute that especially if the events are quite close they may only be 3-4 weeks apart. 

Which ever way it is going to be a very different experience to Cardiff with all the social gatherings and drinking it will be all about the Speedway this year 

I presume Kings Lynn, but Peterborough would have far more space to allow for social distancing.

24 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I presume Kings Lynn, but Peterborough would have far more space to allow for social distancing.

Sadly Peterborough might fall short on blue badge capability. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Sadly Peterborough might fall short on blue badge capability. 

Yawn zzzzzzzz 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

if it's not at Belle Vue then Kings Lynn or Glasgow would be the obvious choices due to FIM regulations.

for the better racing i'd go for Glasgow, but for space etc it will likely be Kings Lynn 

Peterborough would be the best venue plenty of car parking, Space for vans,Broadcasters and  could have lots of catering and drink outlets, maybe have a entertainment after the meeting The show ground would also   allow for the biggest crowd with Vojens style temporary raised stands on bends and back straight with fans standing in the area below. However this would be very expensive for BSI and large financial risk.

Likely to be at another location further South and East than Peterborough though I think 

Edited by flagrag

Witch track can it be? B)

28 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Dear God no. Let's just hope they knock it on the head for 2020 & come back next year.

Edited by Noodles
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Ipswich 

• Haha 1