British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Unfortunately, whether delivering good news or bad, BSI press releases are always written in that oh-so-gushingly positive Ad-exec's version of Newspeak.

No fibs are ever told. But the Chiswick-worldview is almost always comically spun, like pink candy floss.

Ever so sickly.

THAT'S because they are corporate press releases and it is up to those using them to take the bits they want (quotes, etc) and put their own spin on it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, andout said:

Due to ongoing health concerns and UK government restrictions regarding COVID-19, we regret to announce that the 2020 Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix, scheduled to take place at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on July 18, has been cancelled.

This decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the FIM, BSI Speedway, Principality Stadium, Welsh Government and Cardiff City Council, with the health and safety of supporters and riders remaining the top priority.

Due to the considerable logistical issues posed by the current circumstances, it was agreed that it would not be possible to stage the event at a later date in 2020.

Following discussions with Principality Stadium, we are however pleased to announce that the 2021 event – and still the 20th British FIM Speedway Grand Prix to be held at the venue – will take place on July 17, 2021.
Paul Bellamy, Managing Director & SVP of Motorsports, IMG, said: “We are extremely disappointed that we won’t get the chance to celebrate 20 years of British SGP action under the Principality Stadium roof next month.

“We know how much everyone looks forward to the British SGP weekend in Cardiff – a chance to meet up with fans and friends from around the world, enjoy great racing and experience the unique atmosphere generated by our thousands of fans.

“Our focus will now be on delivering a fantastic event on 17 July 2021 to celebrate the 20th staging of the British SGP in Cardiff in style.

“Meanwhile we are working hard with the FIM, our venues and stakeholders on our re-arranged plans for the 2020 FIM Speedway World Championships presented by Monster Energy later this year and will issue further updates on that in due course.”

Triple world champion Tai Woffinden looks forward to returning to the Welsh capital next summer. He said: “The British SGP is always an awesome weekend, so I’m gutted I won’t get the chance to race in front of a Cardiff crowd this year.

“But that only makes me hungrier for next season’s event. The atmosphere is unreal. It’s always a special night and I can’t wait to be back in July next year. Stay safe and I’ll see you all then!”

We thank our fans for their ongoing support and look forward to seeing everyone at next year’s Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix at the Principality Stadium.

FIM & BSI Communications

The beginning of the end for the white elephant 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rocket87 said:

?

3 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

I'm confused too!!

3 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

I think it will mean the biggest crowd in years....

• Like 1

Great press release. So what about stadium is a hospital and can not be used for Speedway or Rugby. Why trust anyone running speedway at any level.

Edited by BuxtonTiger

5 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Unfortunately, whether delivering good news or bad, BSI press releases are always written in that oh-so-gushingly positive Ad-exec's version of Newspeak.

No fibs are ever told. But the Chiswick-worldview is almost always comically spun, like pink candy floss.

Ever so sickly.

it's a proper business, it has to be professional

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, stevehone said:

it's a proper business, it has to be professional

Glasgow have set the bar too high for BSI.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Yeah, people will be awash with cash coming out of this. 

there will be lots of people wanting to enjoy a day out too.   all year to save for th ticket

1 minute ago, Mark said:

there will be lots of people wanting to enjoy a day out too.   all year to save for th ticket

Clearly, but I expect "biggest crowd in years" will turn out to be a load of hyperbolic speedway fan boy dross. 

8 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Clearly, but I expect "biggest crowd in years" will turn out to be a load of hyperbolic speedway fan boy dross. 

Or it'll be some somewhere between 40-50k like it has the last 20 years!

26 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Or it'll be some somewhere between 40-50k like it has the last 20 years!

Don't misunderstand me ... I love Cardiff, only missed twice, for weddings .

But I don't think it has ever got close to 50k, and being fair I don't think BSI have claimed so. 

Sometimes it has been said to have tipped over the 40k mark, but I don't think that is full full priced payers though.

A very creditable 35-40k is nearer the mark. 

And nothing like a white elephant