British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ROCKET87 makes it his business demonise all things SGP and especially the Cardiff event

Not the SGP.  Just Cardif, when there is a venue that would showcase the sport in a more exciting way than Cardiff can ever hope to do

Must be a record for this cheerful forum.   Rubbishing 2021 before 2020 has ended.    I need a stiff drink.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Must be a record for this cheerful forum.   Rubbishing 2021 before 2020 has ended.    I need a stiff drink.

Touching upon things that are reality is hardly "rubbishing" something, a downturn in attendances is something that will impact more sports than Speedway. 

Take the WulfSport Jacket off and look at what is happening in the world just now.

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

44 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

Not the SGP.  Just Cardif, when there is a venue that would showcase the sport in a more exciting way than Cardiff can ever hope to do

Banging this idiotic drum again are you?

No event in the UK comes close to showcasing the sport in a better light that Cardiff does.

NSS is a better race track, but that is only a small part of it. 

For starters you're ruling out 30,000 from attending.. smart business sense!

• Like 1

Never understood this Cardiff is boring rhetoric. Missed only 1 Cardiff GP. In all the times I did attend I cant remember any that were boring. Racing can be better at other tracks of course but there is always drama, excitement and an unrivaled atmosphere.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Touching upon things that are reality is hardly "rubbishing" something, a downturn in attendances is something that will impact more sports than Speedway. 

Take the WulfSport Jacket off and look at what is happening in the world just now.

Have little idea what you are talking about and have not wish to find out.    Jibberish.

17 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

fan boy in denial. 

speak English and then I will know what you are trying to say

Unfortunately now the 2021 date is known the hotels of Cardiff and surrounding areas will have decided how much they are going to fleece the speedway fans for !!  Can't see me getting my premier Inn bargain of £149 for 2 nites like this year :(

On 6/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, BWitcher said:

On 6/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, BWitcher said:

Banging this idiotic drum again are you?

No event in the UK comes close to showcasing the sport in a better light that Cardiff does.

NSS is a better race track, but that is only a small part of it. 

For starters you're ruling out 30,000 from attending.. smart business sense!

A full Belle Vue (which produces a great atmosphere if that's so important to you) or a Cardiff that has swathes of empty seats cunningly hidden by having no tv cameras fixed on it?  I know which one would look better to the casual viewer

Edited by Rocket87
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

A full Belle Vue (which produces a great atmosphere if that's so important to you) or a Cardiff that has swathes of empty seats cunningly hidden by having no tv cameras fixed on it?  I know which one would look better to the casual viewer

10,000 at a cold and wet Manchester or 40,000 in a covered warm Cardiff.  

49 minutes ago, Rocket87 said:

THE swathes of empty seats are cunningly hidden and not used because they have no view of the track over the safety fence, How can you possibly think the NSS is a better stadium than the Principality is beyond me and the noise and atmosphere, enclosed by the roof, is also something BV cannot match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocket87 said:

Cardiff.

End of conversation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE swathes of empty seats are cunningly hidden and not used because they have no view of the track over the safety fence, How can you possibly think the NSS is a better stadium than the Principality is beyond me and the noise and atmosphere, enclosed by the roof, is also something BV cannot match.

What about the swathes of  empty seats on the top level at Cardiff  ? They are not hidden by the safety fence . 
For me after attending every Cardiff Gp for the first 17 years I became very bored with it and fed up with rip off hotel prices and I ve not missed attending in the slightest for me the highlight of the whole weekend was the Pairs at Somerset on the Friday  and the social side of Cardiff seeing friends I’d only see once a year  - the whole thing needs a shake up in my opinion other than last year when it was in September most years it’s even run on the same weekend each year why not have the last gp one season ?- BV would  not create the same atmosphere as Cardiff though most of it is air horns but one thing definitely the racing would be 100% better .