British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Neila said:

Warsaw been sold out for last couple of years, this year's was sold out in just over a week. The poles are very noisy in and around the stadium, yes a few Brits but not thousands as you say, torun only has 12500 capacity

Torun is 15500 ( plus standing) think you mean Wroclaw.

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PERSONALLY think the atmosphere at Cardiff is as good as Warsaw even with a few thousands less fans. Much of that is due to the compact nature of the Principality with the roof closed.

Yea the atmosphere gets the hairs on your arms standing up in Cardiff, was in Warsaw last year( 1st time ) great atmosphere but did not get the hairs on arms standing as in Cardiff, was due to go to both this year, but can't see Warsaw restaging happening

43 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea the atmosphere gets the hairs on your arms standing up in Cardiff, was in Warsaw last year( 1st time ) great atmosphere but did not get the hairs on arms standing as in Cardiff, was due to go to both this year, but can't see Warsaw restaging happening

Warsaw to end an all Poland series? if they can run on Friday and Saturday

20 minutes ago, stevehone said:

THINK the huge cost of staging a SGP in Warsaw, even with a full house, would be prohibitive

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Thought I saw something from Poland for the GP's that it was going to be 8 rounds at 4 normal tracks possible Friday and Saturday, 2 tracks torun and Wroclaw plus 2 others, with crowds no more than 50% of capacity

On 6/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

PERSONALLY think the atmosphere at Cardiff is as good as Warsaw even with a few thousands less fans. Much of that is due to the compact nature of the Principality with the roof closed.

Having been to Torun, Warsaw , Wroclaw and Cardiff many times they can all be great events, more so the fuller they are. I sense the argument here is really about the ability to provide a track that consistently enables exciting racing and somehow the Polish tracks seem able to do this more often - although Cardiff does occasionally through up a great meeting. However, with the technology and data available today I am surprised no-one has managed to fully solve this problem for Cardiff which as a man-made track  inside a stadium is presumably able to be the same shape as Warsaw (I am assuming you want many lines through every bend, but I am no track designer). 

Edited by ward
typographical error

49 minutes ago, Neila said:

Thought I saw something from Poland for the GP's that it was going to be 8 rounds at 4 normal tracks possible Friday and Saturday, 2 tracks torun and Wroclaw plus 2 others, with crowds no more than 50% of capacity

How does a GP run on the same night as league racing.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

How does a GP run on the same night as league racing.

I think the article suggested that it would be late season after the Extraleague had finished.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think the article suggested that it would be late season after the Extraleague had finished.

That makes sense.  Could run from mid September for four weekends.   Eight GP's in four weeks would be overload for some but I would support it.    Its an odd year so odd things will have to happen.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, RPNY said:

Or it'll be some somewhere between 40-50k like it has the last 20 years!

Or NIL if it is still a FN hospital

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Extraleague Final is scheduled for 11th October so they'd be going in to November if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Extraleague Final is scheduled for 11th October so they'd be going in to November if that's the case.

Not if they just use Saturday`s at end of season.

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

IF, and still an if, an eight SGP series takes place in Poland it will probably be in September. All sorts of rumours, including four successive race nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) ... but lots of bridges still to be crossed. However, staging all the meetings in one country makes logistical sense not just for the riders but TV, officials, etc. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF, and still an if, an eight SGP series takes place in Poland it will probably be in September. All sorts of rumours, including four successive race nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) ... but lots of bridges still to be crossed. However, staging all the meetings in one country makes logistical sense not just for the riders but TV, officials, etc. 

Pretty tough if you take a knock on the Monday which rules you out for the rest of the week (& therefore the title).