British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Noodles said:

Pretty tough if you take a knock on the Monday which rules you out for the rest of the week (& therefore the title).

That can happen any year with a broken arm or collarbone.    Happened to loads of riders like Janowski & Woffinden in 2019.      But 2020 is unlike any other so lets get on with it and do the best we can.

• Like 2

Some good news, well for me it is !! Was due to fly easy jet Newcastle to Bristol for Cardiff weekend, got email today to say even though flight not cancelled, yet, I can request refund voucher plus £5 credit each way, so I can use voucher to rebook for next year when flights are released. 

32 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I dont think it would have been on, do you Phil?

SEPTEMBER might have been a possibility but who knows?

Government Minister said on TV this morning "there may be a second wave in August!" 

Hopefully that Stadium is NOT needed for Covid!

On 6/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, HGould said:

Government Minister said on TV this morning "there may be a second wave in August!" 

Hopefully that Stadium is NOT needed for Covid!

Here in Wales, my understanding is that the DragonHeart Hospital, aka Principality Stadium, is being retained in a state of readiness until at least October.

don't know if anyone's suggested this but could it be possible to have a one of meeting to decide the world champion for 2020 in October.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:37 AM, shaggy57 said:

don't know if anyone's suggested this but could it be possible to have a one of meeting to decide the world champion for 2020 in October.

THERE will be a number of SGPs this year, probably eight.

Received my refund for Cardiff tickets for this year, I wouldn’t even take a chance on using them for 2021,:doom and gloom !!

On 5/8/2020 at 12:15 PM, topaz325 said:

Well i didn't book with cancellation insurance, more fool me:D, may not see another GP for many years with the current situation.:unsure:

Hotel has kindly cancelled my booking without charge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Hotel has kindly cancelled my booking without charge.

Great gesture of goodwill. Nice to see a big chain if it was part of one. To make an honourable decision. Also good advertising as if you have to book a hotel somewhere else there's a good chance that they will be top of your list .

Wow got hotel booked premier Inn city centre £120 for 2 nites !!!! Easy jet Newcastle to Bristol £50 return, who said going to Cardiff is expensive :t:

• Like 1