British Speedway Forum

Saturday 29th August to replace the Russian GP as issues getting visas currently along with worries of logistics getting riders & equipment there in current situation and It’s a bank holiday weekend here in the UK 

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

Peterborough would be the best venue plenty of car parking, Space for vans,Broadcasters and  could have lots of catering and drink outlets, maybe have a entertainment after the meeting The show ground would also   allow for the biggest crowd with Vojens style temporary raised stands on bends and back straight with fans standing in the area below. However this would be very expensive for BSI and large financial risk.

Likely to be at another location further South and East than Peterborough though I think 

Unless things change dramatically won’t matter how big the stadium is for crowds they ain’t going to be allowed to attend . And even if they was how do you keep people 2m apart ? It be a total nightmare. 

Reality hurts.

It's not negative to deal in realities.

Peoples lives are more important right now.

over 1100 dead in last 3 days, ONS say infections are still running at thousands per day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why another meeting in GB, just cancel it and maybe  one or two GP meetings in Poland at the end of the year with or without people!!

• Like 1

There is not going to be any meetings this year with crowds. My opinion is it aint going to happen. On that basis there is no problem having the British GP at BV - excellent track for racing, as we all know, and an empty stadium wont look out of place for world wide TV coverage. Its whether there will be movement across borders of people by then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

There is not going to be any meetings this year with crowds. My opinion is it aint going to happen. On that basis there is no problem having the British GP at BV - excellent track for racing, as we all know, and an empty stadium wont look out of place for world wide TV coverage. Its whether there will be movement across borders of people by then.

Totally agree for me this is the route I’d go down cancel Cardiff obviously that isn’t going to take place - and go as late as we dare in the year with the GP at BV hopefully 14 day isolation on entering the UK will have ended if we leave it late in the season then run the gp at BV with empty stadium.   

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Totally agree for me this is the route I’d go down cancel Cardiff obviously that isn’t going to take place - and go as late as we dare in the year with the GP at BV hopefully 14 day isolation on entering the UK will have ended if we leave it late in the season then run the gp at BV with empty stadium.   

Cancel day 2 of SON - have the GP one day & SON on the other

• Like 3

15 hours ago, flagrag said:

Saturday 29th August to replace the Russian GP as issues getting visas currently along with worries of logistics getting riders & equipment there in current situation and It’s a bank holiday weekend here in the UK 

Nice idea.  No chance.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Sittingbourne

i like it there, but they would have to purchase a LOT of shale if it's for a GP

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

i like it there, but they would have to purchase a LOT of shale if it's for a GP

I think finishing 18 heats within 2 hours will be more of a problem than getting shale.

• Thanks 1

Rumoured 2021 date: 17.07

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, flipper11 said:

I think finishing 18 heats within 2 hours will be more of a problem than getting shale.

plus practise/qualifying on the Friday

Whoops completely forgot about the curfew issues at Sittingbourne, but there again maybe the carrot of a televised World Championship event even with no crowd could tempt the council to relax the rules.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:29 AM, HGould said:

Reality hurts.

It's not negative to deal in realities.

Peoples lives are more important right now.

over 1100 dead in last 3 days, ONS say infections are still running at thousands per day.

How arrogant to think that your negativity is automatically 'realistic'. That's an easy cop-out. Yes people's lives are essential but that's no justification for trying to destroy the efforts of those trying to save their businesses and sport by fighting to the last chance is extinguished.

Reality hurts, but nothing damages more than people trying to be clever by saying nothiong's possible and we should all give up. The right path is to monitor government guidelines and respond accordingly. 

What damages is just sitting on your hands, decrying the efforts of others and claiming the 'realism' moral high ground, but then that's far easier isn't it and if you're  wrong people will be too delighted to think of your comments.

I don't know whether we'll get any speedway this year and given the speed now with how matters are changing it would be damaging and stupid just to give up and say how 'realistic' you are. 

If the efforts don't work, fine, but at least they TRIED. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Sad 1