British Speedway Forum
Speedway4ever

Speedway and the NHS

If all clubs offered a free or reduce admission to NHS staff (On proof of I.D) after COVID-19 is done then it would be a great gesture, but the sport could also benefit from them spending money in the ground and hopefully bring in new fans if current NHS Speedway fans spread the word to promote the sport too and come and enjoy a night's racing.

nhs uk10.jpg

Edited by Speedway4ever
Change in text
  • Like 1

nice gesture, but unfortunately there are very few clubs that benefit from in stadium purchases these days

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

If all clubs offered a free admission to NHS staff (On proof of I.D) after COVID-19 is done then it would be a great gesture, but the sport could also benefit from them spending money in the ground and hopefully bring in new fans if current NHS Speedway fans spread the word to promote the sport too and come and enjoy a night's racing.

nhs uk10.jpg

Read that Poole and Eastbourne have already announced some free NHS deals. Hope more will follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Read that Poole and Eastbourne have already announced some free NHS deals. Hope more will follow.

Excellent news.

I knew Poole did, but not Eastbourne.

That's great two clubs already.

I'd like to see every multi millionaire/billionaire in this country, treat every one of the NHS key workers to a free holiday in the sun, once this is all over.

• Like 2

Deleted 

Edited by HGould
Deleted wrong thread..

If speedway does start up this season I think getting track medical assistance will be very difficult in the current climate.

Edited by GWC

On 4/12/2020 at 8:23 PM, stevehone said:

nice gesture, but unfortunately there are very few clubs that benefit from in stadium purchases these days

Isn't the aim to reward those in the NHS and not profit from them ? I would hope that the oft quoted wonderful BSF community, if they saw a NHS newcomer at  a match, would actually buy them a drink / meal as a personal  thank you and not rely on them buying their own; whoever gets the profits.. 

• Like 1

Gave the chap on Tesco checkout a fiver yesterday to have a pint on me. You'd have thought I'd offered to pay he's mortgage he was so grateful. Made me think I don't reckon many had made the gesture. Then again I don't know where he's going to buy the pint

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 04/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, Mimmo said:

I'd like to see every multi millionaire/billionaire in this country, treat every one of the NHS key workers to a free holiday in the sun, once this is all over.

Are you on drugs?

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 4:49 PM, Mimmo said:

Great idea, extend it to other care workers as well, but would welcome reduced admission if my team can afford it

great idea but most clubs will need every penny they can get ,recon there will be major problems with flights 

On 4/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, sharpandroid said:

Are you on drugs?

id like to see a few buy a few clubs  , mind you they usally end up building on them