British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 97 - Kelly Moran, Boro v Newcastle rivalry, Woods, Cieslak, Harkins, Dons second-halvers, etc

16 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Eastbourne should have done so much better in 1982 with a top four of Kennett, Moran, Preston and Woods. By the next year only Woods was around!

Woods for me was a very talented rider he retired prematurely for a while but like Courtney a couple of moves never quite worked out for him at Arlington he was very good.

29 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Woods for me was a very talented rider he retired prematurely for a while but like Courtney a couple of moves never quite worked out for him at Arlington he was very good.

I was hoping that he was coming to Oxford in 1985 (Andy Grahame came however after there were stories circulating that Kelvin Tatum had been approached)) but he went to King's Lynn...a move he regretted and explains fully the circumstances in this edition of "Backtrack". Apparently his first choice was Ipswich after it had been known that Eastbourne were to drop a league. He was a cracking white line rider round Arlington and would pass many opponents using that technique.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

FINALLY took out a subscription. Mrs did it to so i have something to keep me quiet. Is such a great read. This will be like the Star from now on. NEVER MISS A ISSUE.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, craigACE said:

FINALLY took out a subscription. Mrs did it to so i have something to keep me quiet. Is such a great read. This will be like the Star from now on. NEVER MISS A ISSUE.

You'll not be disappointed...try and obtain some of the back copies if you can?

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:40 PM, craigACE said:

Thank you - and welcome aboard.

• Like 1

In the Paul woods interview he asked if anyone had footage of the British final 1983.i have a DVD of the highlights he wanted heat 1 but sadly the action starts at heat 5.the only racing with Paul in is heats 15/19

44 minutes ago, Watkins said:

In the Paul woods interview he asked if anyone had footage of the British final 1983.i have a DVD of the highlights he wanted heat 1 but sadly the action starts at heat 5.the only racing with Paul in is heats 15/19

Yes I have the same DVD.

6 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Yes I have the same DVD.

On your DVD do u have other stuff like 1978 world final etc

3 minutes ago, Watkins said:

On your DVD do u have other stuff like 1978 world final etc

I have an extensive collection of DVDs with many World Finals and domestic matches.

Poor old 'Budgies" featured in head to head with "The Rebels" and "Cheetahs". Must have been galling seeing their nearest and dearest rivals picking up so much silverware during the period covered!