British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
micman

New speedway Facebook group

A few people have suggested that it might be a good idea to set up my own dedicated speedway Facebook page to feature the 1000's of old photos from the 60's & 70's and share some of my video clips from 2006 onwards.
I've found some programmes that we produced for Motors TV back in the day too so what do you think?

Are there enough speedway groups already on there or do you think more speedway fans would enjoy a dedicated page just for these videos and photos?

Thinking along the lines of 'Bennett's Speedway Stuff' but open to suggestions! :-)

Let me know and if enough people are interested I'll set it up this week.

H6.jpg

• Like 6

Do it because it is a worthwhile project plus it might catch the interest of people who don't know anything about speedway.

And if it doesn't matter to people in speedway and no one outside of speedway shows any interest, you will soon find out. :)

Thanks for the response. Quite a few folk on Facebook have said they would be interested so I'll set it up this week.

There are many unpublished old Black and white photos from the late 60's and 70's to keep any speedway fan interested :-)

• Like 2

Highly recommended is the “Speedway Scrapbook” group on Facebook - don’t know what the link is

6 hours ago, andout said:

Interesting, most of the the programmes out there for 1938......are in my collection.....actually they are mine......I think copied from the International Speedway Website.

That is the trouble with FB groups. Just copied stuff from elsewhere, which makes it almost unnecessary to join a new group , as the stuff will probably be on the other groups within hours if not sooner. The same people posting stuff all over

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Highly recommended is the “Speedway Scrapbook” group on Facebook - don’t know what the link is

Yes Midland Red the new FB group has made a great start and is receiving acclamation for what it is presenting on many other FB groups. As previously mentioned it can be found initially at  https://www.facebook.com/groups/300758520920134/?hc_location=group

Edited by Guest

550 plus members in just a few days so clearly we must be doing something right.

The majority of photos will not be shared on any other group pages but the video clips may be posted

on other sites.

Come and have a look if you like the old Black and white photo era of the late 60's and 70's :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300758520920134/about/