Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
micman

New speedway Facebook group

3 hours ago, micman said:

550 plus members in just a few days so clearly we must be doing something right.

The majority of photos will not be shared on any other group pages but the video clips may be posted

on other sites.

Come and have a look if you like the old Black and white photo era of the late 60's and 70's :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300758520920134/about/

The new Facebook group is great viewing and, as you say "well received." But I cannot see how you can prevent a photo/group photos that initially appear on the new group later appear - with original source credit of course - elsewhere on Facebook? The SHARE option is part and parcel of the Facebook doctrine. However I understand your concerns retake to a photo you place  being dragged/downloaded from your Post. Again, and not being well versed in the 'art of Facebook' but I have an idea there MAY be a way of preventing this happening?

Thanks for your response Gustix and glad you like the group. I'm actually happy for the images to be shared. What I meant as that I personally wouldn't be posting the photos to multiple speedway sites. I'm just happy that my late Dad's photos from Hampden Park in Glasgow are being seen for the first time. 

He would have liked that :-)

• Like 5

I see you have requested only your pics or pics related to you are posted. Think that is a good idea to stop the group becoming yet another with the same photo posted over and over

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, micman said:

Thanks for your response Gustix and glad you like the group. I'm actually happy for the images to be shared. What I meant as that I personally wouldn't be posting the photos to multiple speedway sites. I'm just happy that my late Dad's photos from Hampden Park in Glasgow are being seen for the first time. 

He would have liked that :-)

There is an option where a Post needs to be approved by the Admin before it can appear on the FACEBOOK group. 

Edited by Guest