British Speedway Forum
Theboss

British Speedway to be reborn?

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I'll take whatever's on offer, but i fear i might be in the minority.

I am with you City i would be happy anough, but i am not so sure about the majority.Also there could be a percentage of the supporters who have got used to not going now because of the shutdown.And it might take alot more  than this on offer to entice them back, it could of course have the opposite effect where people have really missed the sport and will put up with anything.

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am with you City i would be happy anough, but i am not so sure about the majority.Also there could be a percentage of the supporters who have got used to not going now because of the shutdown.And it might take alot more  than this on offer to entice them back, it could of course have the opposite effect where people have really missed the sport and will put up with anything.

The age of the average speedway fan will have an effect, plus financial hardship will impact upon a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The age of the average speedway fan will have an effect, plus financial hardship will impact upon a lot of people.

It isnt hard to be pessimistic is it given the already parlous state of the Sport..

If nothing else it may give those who run the sport a moment or two to reflect on why their sport always seems to live on a knife edge re how many teams last the season/start the following one, and provide them with the inspiration to change things..

There does seem to be a few more pro active promotions about now so some maybe have already realised that the 'same old/same old' simply doesnt get the cut through anymore, and actually be able to influence the radical change needed to move the whole sport as an entity forward..

What an opportunity in this enforced break to do so, as when the sport returns I would think it gets a 'free hit' as to what it can put out..

Be interesting to see if tracks do something 'different' and gauge reaction from their output..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It isnt hard to be pessimistic is it given the already parlous state of the Sport..

If nothing else it may give those who run the sport a moment or two to reflect on why their sport always seems to live on a knife edge re how many teams last the season/start the following one, and provide them with the inspiration to change things..

There does seem to be a few more pro active promotions about now so some maybe have already realised that the 'same old/same old' simply doesnt get the cut through anymore, and actually be able to influence the radical change needed to move the whole sport as an entity forward..

What an opportunity in this enforced break to do so, as when the sport returns I would think it gets a 'free hit' as to what it can put out..

Be interesting to see if tracks do something 'different' and gauge reaction from their output..

It will be interesting to see how many tracks return after the enforced break, especially if it runs into 2021. Some stadiums might be forced to close, with next to no income.

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Who do you view as the "few more proactive promotions" 

You seem one of the more realistic progressives yourself.

But he's not a promoter and it will be the same promoters who have governed the sport for the last few years who will be running it again whenever we start up.

The few ' new ones ' messers Jensen ( Rye House ) Morgan ( Workington ) Rathbone ( Peterborough ), Phillips ( Newcastle ) , and Kay ( Redcar ) all of whom had ' new ideas ' didn't hang around long for various reasons and all had issues of some sort with the sports governors , it appeared, and with only one of the young Courtney's left at Berwick and  Smith / Lemon  at Belle Vue to bring fresh ideas to the table you have got to wonder where the change of direction will come from.

We can hope for a miracle but then we are all waiting for another major one to get us out of the current situation and they don't come around that often.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I'll take whatever's on offer, but i fear i might be in the minority.

I think there’ll be a big bounce back when we’re finally released from the lockdown!

• Like 1

I have heard on the radio news that at least two large Universities have said that all teaching for the 2020/21 year ending in June 2021 will be web based as they think that social distancing will still be in place! That could really cause problems to all sports, concerts and life in general!

5 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I have heard on the radio news that at least two large Universities have said that all teaching for the 2020/21 year ending in June 2021 will be web based as they think that social distancing will still be in place! That could really cause problems to all sports, concerts and life in general!

Have you not got the 'new normal' message?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I think there’ll be a big bounce back when we’re finally released from the lockdown!

If..

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Bounce back to what and when ?.