British Speedway Forum
Theboss

British Speedway to be reborn?

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

And Cradley in the NL had better crowds than Wolves and if they had a track to race on would immediately be top division I would say given that's their 'natural' level given their crowd numbers...

No figures to back that theory up, and I’ve read that comment before. I’ve been to both nights and whilst Cradley had great attendances they were no way ‘better’ crowds.

Cradley in their own stadium would hands down top any attendance figure imho. Plenty of Cradley fans won’t go to Wolverhampton to support Cradley which just goes to show how dedicated their fans are if they were ever able to come back on their own.

If all teams had fans like Cradley ones the sport would be in a healthy place. Although I’m baulking at the idea that any general speedway fan has the displeasure to admit being from Cradley. ;):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No figures to back that theory up, and I’ve read that comment before. I’ve been to both nights and whilst Cradley had great attendances they were no way ‘better’ crowds.

Cradley in their own stadium would hands down top any attendance figure imho. Plenty of Cradley fans won’t go to Wolverhampton to support Cradley which just goes to show how dedicated their fans are if they were ever able to come back on their own.

If all teams had fans like Cradley ones the sport would be in a healthy place. Although I’m baulking at the idea that any general speedway fan has the displeasure to admit being from Cradley. ;):lol:

Dont give up on us yet though a Stadium might be a bit to much to expect.. however a field could be the way forward.. ;) after all as you say Cradley heath and class facilities dont really go together, but thats what makes Cradley fans what we are..

2 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Dont give up on us yet though a Stadium might be a bit to much to expect.. however a field could be the way forward.. ;) after all as you say Cradley heath and class facilities dont really go together, but thats what makes Cradley fans what we are..

Never seen such dedication and probably Cradley Speedway is the one thing that even today unites Cradley folk. 

I seriously hope one day it’s possible that you guys get your own place. I don’t think any region of the sport deserves it more. :drink:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Anecdotal evidence from a mate of mine who lives in Wolverhampton and used to go most weeks in the first couple of years of Cradleys tenure. ..

As a generic speedway fan he went to both Wolves and Cradley and felt the Heathens had more, although of course that could have been when Wolves were having a less than succesful time and some weeks were exceptions..

No doubt I would say that if they did get a track their crowds would still even now be one of the best in the sport..

Used to see lots of them at Stoke, Buxton and Belle Vue when they visited so still a large amount of interest in them...

Still miss the roast pork van....B)

Edited by mikebv

Well we didnt/dont have much else around here, however the general concensus amongst Cradley fans, is that they would prefer the Championship as opposed to the Premiership, which contradicts what a few folk on here perceieve to be what supporters want to see..

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Anecdotal evidence from a mate of mine who lives in Wolverhampton and used to go most weeks in the first couple of years of Cradleys tenure. ..

As a generic speedway fan he went to both Wolves and Cradley and felt the Heathens had more, although of course that could have been when Wolves were having a less than succesful time and some weeks were exceptions..

No doubt I would say that if they did get a track their crowds would still even now be one of the best in the sport..

Used to see lots of them at Stoke, Buxton and Belle Vue when they visited so still a large amount of interest in them...

Like I said no stats and either one of us could be right.

no doubt some meetings and seasons Cradley might have done slightly better attendance wise but I doubt as a general tho. :t:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Well we didnt/dont have much else around here, however the general concensus amongst Cradley fans, is that they would prefer the Championship as opposed to the Premiership, which contradicts what a few folk on here perceieve to be what supporters want to see..

IF Speedway came back I’m sure it would be top flight with an overwhelming majority. I’m sure fans attending regular would have been happy with a level above if still running. 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Is it indisputable?  Maybe in terms of half a dozen lost GP riders, but otherwise?

If you compared two of Swindon’s best teams over recent years, considering how the riders performed in those seasons and not on their reputations, I wouldn’t be so sure that the 2007 one would thrash the 2019 one:

Adams

Chrzanowski

Gjedde

Ulamek

Richardson

Korneliesen

Moore

Doyle

Ellis

Musielak

Jensen

Batchelor

Vissing

Perks

The 2007 version would thump the Swindon team of last year.

1 minute ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

The 2007 version would thump the Swindon team of last year.

You think? I think last year’s 2, 3 and 4 were better, but the 2007 reserves were better. 1 and 5 equal.

The 2007 trio were disappointing, the 2019 trio well above expectation.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The 2007 trio were disappointing, the 2019 trio well above expectation.

You are talking absolute pish, this is Karl Pilkington speedway chat you are coming out with, what’s next, Monkey News?

1 minute ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

You are talking absolute pish, this is Karl Pilkington speedway chat you are coming out with, what’s next, Monkey News?

You’re slipping from debate to abuse.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You’re slipping from debate to abuse.

That’s his normal way:rolleyes:

• Like 1