British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has the weather ever been better

As the lovely weather continues week after week, a lot of speedway people must be thinking 'if only', i know i am. I know it's not important in the present climate, but this exceptional spring could have been a real shot in the arm for british speedway. We can all dream, can't we?

• Like 5

Typical of the luck that British Speedway has!!

• Like 4

Yes, very few mentions of April Showers this year.

Although having said that I haven’t been watching the weather forecasts because they have become pretty much redundant.

The good weather has though kept the public onside with the lockdown and the hour’s exercise or sitting in the garden has been a treat.

If we’d all been looking out at rain we’d be more depressed.

• Like 1

Spare a thought for those who haven't got a garden. It's driving me mad (as I would imagine many others who have no access to a garden) and not being able to fish at my local lake (5 minutes drive away) which is the ideal self-isolating activity as regards good mental health. How people must be coping in high rise flats in inner cities I can't begin to imagine.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Spare a thought for those who haven't got a garden. It's driving me mad (as I would imagine many others who have no access to a garden) and not being able to fish at my local lake (5 minutes drive away) which is the ideal self-isolating activity as regards good mental health. How people must be coping in high rise flats in inner cities I can't begin to imagine.

It must be unbearable Steve. I'm lucky, i live in leafy surrey. I've just done my daily walk on Banstead common, which is on my doorstep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Feel sorry for you, at least I have a fairly large garden to tend/relax in.

i wish you well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

It must be unbearable Steve. I'm lucky, i live in leafy surrey. I've just done my daily walk on Banstead common, which is on my doorstep.

Blimey, that’s one massive doorstep!

Or, I guess, would be if in true youngster style you had said “literally on my doorstep”!  :)

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Blimey, that’s one massive doorstep!

Or, I guess, would be if in true youngster style you had said “literally on my doorstep”!  :)

Us oldies don't care too much for grammar!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Us oldies don't care too much for grammar!

Surely half of oldies care for grammar?
And the other half care for granddad!

I'll get my coat.

• Haha 4

I would say enjoy the weather while it lasts, but many can’t unfortunately. Guaranteed to be cold and wet when the old lockdown ends knowing our luck...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

Surely half of oldies care for grammar?
And the other half care for granddad!

I'll get my coat.

You should copyright that one!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

You should copyright that one!

Cheers cityrebel. 
It is an old joke, I know. But I was spring cleaning some old family bric-a-brac and came across a postcard I wrote from holiday some 50 odd years ago. It had my usual parting shot at the bottom, "excuse grammar, she's in hospital". 
It's a bit like flairs. If you keep them long enough, they'll come back into fashion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

I would say enjoy the weather while it lasts, but many can’t unfortunately. Guaranteed to be cold and wet when the old lockdown ends knowing our luck...

Don't think it will make any difference with the weather this year,  because hope I'm wrong but don't think there will  be any speedway this season 

Edited by Crabba59
Wrong wording

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Cheers cityrebel. 
It is an old joke, I know. But I was spring cleaning some old family bric-a-brac and came across a postcard I wrote from holiday some 50 odd years ago. It had my usual parting shot at the bottom, "excuse grammar, she's in hospital". 
It's a bit like flairs. If you keep them long enough, they'll come back into fashion.

A bit like speedway, hopefully!

14 minutes ago, Crabba59 said:

Don't think it will make any difference with the weather this year,  because hope I'm wrong but don't think there will  be any speedway this season 

Hard to disagree with that, let's hope we are wrong and the ankle chains come off in time to get some meetings in...