British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has the weather ever been better

I remember walking round the park about 5 in the morning with people asleep on the grass because indoors was too warm, i lived on an estate of flats back then. I had a radio with me and Stevie Wonder's You are the Sunshine of my Life came on. Strange what you remember

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, martinmauger said:

Sarcasm aside I recall way back in '1976 - the year of summer', there were turnpikes in the streets and and on the news they would show water levels in resevoirs were down "and for the first time in many years ruins from the lost village of whatever can be seen from when the valley was flooded to create the resevoir".  We've had (relatively) decentish warm summers since '76, no turnpikes I'm aware of but still news reports still sometimes say  "ruins of the lost village of whatever can be seen from when the valley was flooded to create the resevoir".  Global warming ?...

That's happened with the Keilder dam in Northumberland.

Summer of 76. Year i was born, December. My Mam(miss her loads) was always mentioning that.

If this weather is the upside of global warming, what’s not to like?

27 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If this weather is the upside of global warming, what’s not to like?

Hosepipe bans.

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Hosepipe bans.

Yeah, but we had floods only a couple of months ago so we must have full reservoirs?

59 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah, but we had floods only a couple of months ago so we must have full reservoirs?

We have a few reservoirs up on the dales and I've seen them seriously low in past years but never mind rain is now being forecast and people will be more inclined to remain indoors during the lockdown.

Going to rain this week: expect imminent announcement of speedway season starting:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Going to rain this week: expect imminent announcement of speedway season starting:rofl:

I thought it was the start of the cricket season that brought the rain!

31 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I thought it was the start of the cricket season that brought the rain!

Missed in the papers but it looks as if cricket season starts tomorrow, at least for us in the south

• Haha 2

I'm hearing it's already pouring with rain across the South of England, London, Devon & Oxford, and it's forecast to reach East Anglia by 10.00am, so I doubt that there will be any cricket.

Like Richard, I'd not heard it was starting today either.     

45 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I'm hearing it's already pouring with rain across the South of England, London, Devon & Oxford, and it's forecast to reach East Anglia by 10.00am, so I doubt that there will be any cricket.

Like Richard, I'd not heard it was starting today either.     

It is pouring down here in the Deep South...

Richard's post can be put down as subtle humour on the cricket season staring...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

Richard's post can be put down as subtle humour on the cricket season staring...

Defo rain stopped play in Eagles land.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

I cut my grass yesterday in readiness for this soggy spell. The joys of staying indoors!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I cut my grass yesterday in readiness for this soggy spell. The joys of staying indoors!

Welcome to my world!

• Like 1