British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has the weather ever been better

Used to get tired of looking out of the window on Speedway days. More often than not rain would be falling, or, it would look like rain.

This Spring is exceptional - typical that everyone is stuck at home. I agree with the lock down though.

I hope everyone stays safe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Used to get tired of looking out of the window on Speedway days. More often than not rain would be falling, or, it would look like rain.

This Spring is exceptional - typical that everyone is stuck at home. I agree with the lock down though.

Keep safe The White Knight!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

The last six months of grey skies and drizzle were exceptional too!

Was it last year that a whole block of opening fixtures were rained off?

• Like 1

My wife is suffering this badly, because as she has double lung cancer and is currently on a 21-week course of chemo, she's not even allowed to leave the house for a 10-minute stroll.
Now with the government saying that social distancing will have to remain in place for the rest of the year, we've been told that must remain within the confines of our own home for that length of time.  I won't go out and leave her on her own, so we're both prisoners for the rest of 2020, and I'll find that mentally difficult, there's no two ways about that.    

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

My wife is suffering this badly, because as she has double lung cancer and is currently on a 21-week course of chemo, she's not even allowed to leave the house for a 10-minute stroll.
Now with the government saying that social distancing will have to remain in place for the rest of the year, we've been told that must remain within the confines of our own home for that length of time.  I won't go out and leave her on her own, so we're both prisoners for the rest of 2020, and I'll find that mentally difficult, there's no two ways about that.    

I hope you have a garden at least. Best wishes to you both...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Take care!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

That's tough! 

Best wishes.. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

All the best to you and your wife Mimmo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Take care WK just keep thinking of your memorable Sunderland days ( i.e. Mad Jack, Vick Harding ( bless em both)

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Spare a thought for those who haven't got a garden. It's driving me mad (as I would imagine many others who have no access to a garden) and not being able to fish at my local lake (5 minutes drive away) which is the ideal self-isolating activity as regards good mental health. How people must be coping in high rise flats in inner cities I can't begin to imagine.

This. And would add to it, those with young kids especially.

We at least have a quarter acre garden they can play in, as well as having a range of beaches in easy walking distance. Certainly makes "lockdown" a whole lot easier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waiheke1 said:

This. And would add to it, those with young kids especially.

We at least have a quarter acre garden they can play in, as well as having a range of beaches in easy walking distance. Certainly makes "lockdown" a whole lot easier. 

Five years ago i lived in London. My life would be a lot different if i still lived there now.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Best wishes to you both

• Like 1

Been really nice. Actually felt very warm when we went for our essentials earlier on. Would be chucking it down if there were Speedway on.

Other than 'that summer' in 1976, which will be spoken about as almost a fable by elders to disbelieving young children seated in circle in front of the fireside for many years.  It was the year it didn't rain for few days (or weeks or months) and even the temperature stayed more than 10 degrees above freezing for while, I seem to recall 1995 was pretty good weather-wise....