British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pleasureboy60

1983 Central Junior league

I'm desperately trying to find out some relative information with reference to the 1983 Midland junior league. 

I have recently found out that Peterborough took over from Coventry mid-way through this particular season and completed their outstanding fixtures.

To date i have results and dates for away matches at Leicester 06/09, Long Eaton 23/03, Sheffield 15/09, but i'm still trying to find information for matches at Birmingham,Stoke and Swindon.

if anyone could fill in these blanks for me, then i would be extremely grateful. Unfortunately i dont have any Speedway stars from the 1983 season as i think that might be a point of reference.

The meeting mentioned at Long Eaton on 23 March was a challenge match. Peterborough also rode at Long Eaton on 17 August in what was described on the race card as a junior challenge match. The score was Long Eaton 8 Peterborough 10. This corresponds with the CJL results grid in the season summary in Speedway Star dated 3 December 1983, so I believe this would be the CJL match.

Coventry were due to have ridden at Long Eaton on 10 August, but this match was replaced at 24 hours notice by Leicester as Coventry withdrew from the league to be replaced by Peterborough.

Update on the 1983 Central Junior league. 27/08/1983. Stoke juniors 12 Peterborough juniors 6.                                1985 Anglian Junior league 04/05/85 Stoke juniors 11 Peterborough juniors 13