British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

GP series in Poland

Because of the 14 day quarantine rule in Poland for Ekstraliga riders are we looking at the 2020 GP series only at Poland tracks.   With the Polish border closed its the only way Ekstraliga riders could take part in the GP series.   Could 5 or 6 GP's with no crowd be run at tracks around Poland.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Because of the 14 day quarantine rule in Poland for Ekstraliga riders are we looking at the 2020 GP series only at Poland tracks.   With the Polish border closed its the only way Ekstraliga riders could take part in the GP series.   Could 5 or 6 GP's with no crowd be run at tracks around Poland.

It’s could but it have little credibility in my eyes  and would have be a loss maker without a major sponsors . 

• Like 1

Why not ride it in the UK for closed stadia with riders that are willing to come?

32 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Why not ride it in the UK for closed stadia with riders that are willing to come?

Most or all of the top 15 will be in Poland.  

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Most or all of the top 15 will be in Poland.  

So? Do it with riders that are willing to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

-

Edited by f-s-p
double post

I'd have no problem with a 5 or 6 round GP series behind closed doors in Poland for this season only, but lets make it really  interesting and riders bring their own rolling chassis and draw lots for standard engines. Lets see who the best rider/racer there is not who has the best tuner provided trickbit.

23 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I'd have no problem with a 5 or 6 round GP series behind closed doors in Poland for this season only, but lets make it really  interesting and riders bring their own rolling chassis and draw lots for standard engines. Lets see who the best rider/racer there is not who has the best tuner provided trickbit.

..and make them all sweat so each of them weigh 72kg and not one 1 gram more or less. Also for aerodynamics the shorter guys need to wear higher helmets so the "drag" is equal on all.

• Like 2

It'd be better than nothing but any champion would have a massive asterisk against their name and wouldn't be a true champion.

17 minutes ago, JCookie said:

It'd be better than nothing but any champion would have a massive asterisk against their name and wouldn't be a true champion.

There's always been someone missing, injured or otherwise.

And besides, wont all champions of 2020 in any sport have the same stigma? 

14 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Borders in poland won't be closed forever....

The same goes for every country. But I for one dont know when and what something will happen. 

I predicted couple weeks ago that Spedway GP World Championship this year would be 3 GPs all in Poland.

I did not name tracks then but here goes :-         Warsaw, Wroclaw, Torun

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I predicted couple weeks ago that Spedway GP World Championship this year would be 3 GPs all in Poland.

I did not name tracks then but here goes :-         Warsaw, Wroclaw, Torun

Warsaw without fans... :blink: Because it might go to that when the second wave of covid hits Europe? 

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Warsaw without fans... :blink: Because it might go to that when the second wave of covid hits Europe? 

Why do you think there will be a second wave ? Poland has only had 570 deaths in total and they are easing restrictions...

Schools and businesses were locked down until April 19, and the border will stay closed until May 3, according to Reuters. As of April 20, more customers at a time were allowed into stores, and citizens can freely enter forests and national parks, Warsaw Business Journal reports