British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

GP series in Poland

39 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Why do you think there will be a second wave ? Poland has only had 570 deaths in total and they are easing restrictions...

Schools and businesses were locked down until April 19, and the border will stay closed until May 3, according to Reuters. As of April 20, more customers at a time were allowed into stores, and citizens can freely enter forests and national parks, Warsaw Business Journal reports

Because people with medical diplomas keep telling me that via newspapers and tv...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Why do you think there will be a second wave ? Poland has only had 570 deaths in total and they are easing restrictions...

Schools and businesses were locked down until April 19, and the border will stay closed until May 3, according to Reuters. As of April 20, more customers at a time were allowed into stores, and citizens can freely enter forests and national parks, Warsaw Business Journal reports

Because people with medical diplomas keep telling me that via newspapers and tv...

LATER EDIT: Not really sure what kind of laughing reaction that is, but then again dont really care. Nobody knows what will happen with all this and what are the effects. August is too far away...

10 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Why not ride it in the UK for closed stadia with riders that are willing to come?

That would be different. .  If the 15 GP riders stay in Poland name your 15 for a UK series.  Take any rider and assume the rider will come to the UK.

I really don't see why it wouldn't be seen as a "credible" win, 

In this day and age the majority of riders have pretty equal exposure to the tracks, the British GB hardly offers someone any form of "home" advantage if it was removed from the calendar. 

A Championship won over 3/4/5 rounds would be a perfectly reasonable way to judge a World Champion. 

Maybe some of them would come? Like Emil Sajfutdinov who is now in the press saying he might skip PL this season.

There are about 20 riders that have been banging their head against a brick wall in the challenge for years. They keep getting there but miss it by a narrow margin for one reason or another. The racing could actually be better than in the gp’s with a little top speed missing...

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

LATER EDIT: Not really sure what kind of laughing reaction that is, but then again dont really care. Nobody knows what will happen with all this and what are the effects. August is too far away...

I thought you were being ironic about the so called 'experts', nothing personal ...

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I thought you were being ironic about the so called 'experts', nothing personal ...

I was gonna post a link to a Finnish news item but did not find it, still havent and it’s not that important. I still trust the news over here, this is not the US where people say things to make money for themselves or mates the next day...

Also I quoted elsewhete Angela  Merkel from Germany who apparently is a chemist of somesort by trade and she also stated theres a second wave coming later on...

1 minute ago, f-s-p said:

I was gonna post a link to a Finnish news item but did not find it, still havent and it’s not that important. I still trust the news over here, this is not the US where people say things to make money for themselves or mates the next day...

Also I quoted elsewhete Angela  Merkel from Germany who apparently is a chemist of somesort by trade and she also stated theres a second wave coming later on...

Thanks for clarifying, time will tell i spose ...

On 4/28/2020 at 1:39 AM, Mark said:

Because of the 14 day quarantine rule in Poland for Ekstraliga riders are we looking at the 2020 GP series only at Poland tracks.   With the Polish border closed its the only way Ekstraliga riders could take part in the GP series.   Could 5 or 6 GP's with no crowd be run at tracks around Poland.

What if a rider is in the GP but not riding in Poland?

That would make it impossible to ride elsewhere.

Indeed any GP held in Poland would put unrealistic restrictions on their movement for non GP racing.

No GPs in Poland I say ;):)

On 4/28/2020 at 12:08 PM, JCookie said:

It'd be better than nothing but any champion would have a massive asterisk against their name and wouldn't be a true champion.

Why would the winner not be a true champion?

Just now, Grachan said:

Why would the winner not be a true champion?

Agreed. They used to be in one off finals so why wouldn’t they be in a six leg series, regardless of where it’s held.

Let’s face it, all of those taking part will be familiar with the Polish tracks.

• Like 1

6 GP is plenty to find a Champion.   In 2020 needs must.    

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 8:34 PM, Blupanther said:

Thanks for clarifying, time will tell i spose ...

So with Finland easing restrictions last week, today we read that Wuhan is hit by second wave...:(

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

So with Finland easing restrictions last week, today we read that Wuhan is hit by second wave...:(

Have not heard about that, just wait until it starts to bite in Africa and south America.:(

32 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Have not heard about that, just wait until it starts to bite in Africa and south America.:(

It has already in South America- Brazil and Ecuador especially hit hard.