British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

" Line of duty " TV

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sorry Geoff Channel five , well worth a watch Dunbar again excellent.

Watched series 2 was good could listen to dunbar reading the phone book lol

54 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Watched series 2 was good could listen to dunbar reading the phone book lol

First watched Dunbar in an early Inspector Morse playing a dodgy Doctor who practiced in euthanasia,

i have followed his career ever since with real interest.

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s on Channel 5 catch up.

I’d give it 6 out of 10.

Just watched the first series of The Wire.

I’d give that 9 out of 10.

You need to be able to get over the swearing in the first couple of episodes, because they seem to write it out of the dialogue after that (or it’s background noise), and pick up the drug dealer, black American slang which again becomes easier. 

There’s one five minute crime investigation scene where the only words are “f*ck” and “motherf*cker” but it’s actually both funny and ingenious. In fact, one of the best written and acted TV scenes ever!

Agree, that scene is superb. It also highlights also what a brilliantly versatile word it is.

Its probably my favourite scene of The Wire, along with the opening scene of series four. 

And the dialogue between McNulty and Greggs that begins "A less enlightened man..."

Just rewatching Life On Mars, got to say I'd forgotten how good it was with some great one liners.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, bendover said:

Just rewatching Life On Mars, got to say I'd forgotten how good it was with some great one liners.

Watched it for 1st time a couple months ago. Brilliant. Chief Insp Gene Hunt hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Pinny said:

Love line of duty but was left extremely confused at end of series 5... had to watch it back again . StilL think the bird Kate is hiding something big . 

Don’t miss episode 1 of series 6 tomorrow

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Pinny said:

Love line of duty but was left extremely confused at end of series 5... had to watch it back again . StilL think the bird Kate is hiding something big . 

Are you saying Kate is a tranny... :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Will be watching it live on iPlayer in the morning (Aus time). Can’t wait. 

The final member of the 4 H characters (three have already been identified) could be anyone but I think it will be someone big. Can’t see it being Steve Arnott as he has been quite a likeable character who has had some huge mis fortune where as Fleming has always been shady where she has gone undercover , she has had affairs so is untrustworthy and the biggest clue I have noticed which nobody else has picked up on is the way Dot in series 1 wasn’t that surprised or bothered when she was outed as undercover anticorruption. 

I am probably way off but thats my theory , it could well be that Welsh corrupt officer from series 1 who wanted the squad to lie in their statements about the killing of the innocent man at the start. 

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Can`t wait for the other 6 episodes- cracking start.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Bit confusing though imo. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Really enjoyed it. Had to google CHIS though as i couldn't work that one out & then the Beeb kindly put up an explanation at the end .

One thing that does amuse me though is that while all the viewers took time to message the BBC to complain they could have just googled it and found their answer.:)

Edited by Dave Jones

7 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Really enjoyed it. Had to google CHIS though as i couldn't work that one out & then the Beeb kindly put up an explanation at the end .:)

When a was younger, a grew up with 2 chisses, they were the same age as me and me brother. Big Chis and Little Chis and they were Scottish. 

56 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Really enjoyed it. Had to google CHIS though as i couldn't work that one out & then the Beeb kindly put up an explanation at the end .

One thing that does amuse me though is that while all the viewers took time to message the BBC to complain they could have just googled it and found their answer.:)

Whatever happened to 'snout', was good enough for the coppers in 'The Bill'.

3 minutes ago, Kester said:

Whatever happened to 'snout', was good enough for the coppers in 'The Bill'.

Perhaps the "snout" has moved upmarket.:)

• Haha 1