British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Could the season be extended.

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

There's little enough for it during the normal season so no chance of them wanting to attend in November!

Maybe just for Southern tracks then where the weather may be a little kinder?!  (Its definitely being discussed!!)

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So no appetite for a Winter Speedway league then??

Get a roof on the 'stadiums' and install central heating, it could be a winner :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe just for Southern tracks then where the weather may be a little kinder?!  (Its definitely being discussed!!)

Idiocy.

Sort around the hurdles and hope the weather is ok then yeah. Have to do everything to get some action. When people come out with different ideas i say, We should listen. Especially when we know how many weeks we do have. We are all desperate to get underway.(apart from the excellent Ben fund that has already happened).

I personally doubt we will see any live league racing this year. It will need a massive change to social distancing. The same with football, they are only going behind closed doors because of greed.  
         Without the gate money we cannot run 

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

I personally doubt we will see any live league racing this year. It will need a massive change to social distancing. The same with football, they are only going behind closed doors because of greed.  
         Without the gate money we cannot run 

Because of greed?

A number really has been done on you hasn't it.

Far better to have clubs go to the wall and more people made unemployed.

Looks as though lower football and Rugby League are going to stream fixtures. If Speedway did the same. I as a Aces fan would pay per-view, Home and away. Season ticket holders could stream home meetings free. The downside would be, Has every supporter got access ?. A family would share. For me it could work if EVERY fan who would have attended go ahead with a stream. There would be no programmes printed so no losses there.

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I have attended winter meetings in the amateur speedway: at Scunthorpe! This country isn't Alaska, you can have good days in January, just as much as midsummer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There's every chance we'll be back/still in lockdown in the winter anyway. Thousands die from flu/pneumonia, all it needs is a few hundred of them being listed as Covid and people will start demanding it again.

• Thanks 1

At least Eastbourne Speedway will know what their fans think about going to speedway, when events are allowed.

They are asking supporters for their views.

How wise.

• Like 2