British Speedway Forum
tonyd

After this Lockdown and beyond

1 hour ago, barrybishop said:

Hi,

Yes we already have face masks available and pretty smashing they are too. Initially I ordered 200 which have all but been taken up by frontline, NHS, Carers and key workers. We gave them away and asked for a donation and managed to raise £505 when went to Capt (now Col) Tom Moore  :) They certainly seem popular :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-01 at 10.25.18-1.jpeg

Barry as always leading the way, well done..

• Like 2

At least Eastbourne Speedway will know how their fans feel about attending meetings (when allowed) after the lockdown.

They are asking supporters for their views/opinions etc.

Great communication again with the fans from the Eagles.

Top stuff.

• Like 4

The IOW masks look great. They are the No 1 Club for off track things. I have said that for a while now.

5 hours ago, barrybishop said:

Hi,

Yes we already have face masks available and pretty smashing they are too. Initially I ordered 200 which have all but been taken up by frontline, NHS, Carers and key workers. We gave them away and asked for a donation and managed to raise £505 when went to Capt (now Col) Tom Moore  :) They certainly seem popular :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-01 at 10.25.18-1.jpeg

Bang on. What a brilliant piece of promotion as well as helping the NHS!

• Like 3

On 5/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, Speedway fan said:

look great Barry Bishop. Have txt you about them mate as being trying to see who might do them 

Dispeed in Poland :)

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

can you send me the contact details please Barry. Thanks

If you Google dispeed leszno it will take you to there web site.  Hope that helps.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:39 PM, Robinh88 said:

Sport will need to take a back seat temporarily (at least). I am staggered Poland have had the audacity to start riding in a few weeks time.

The problem is that while many consider it just "sport", it really is a lot more than than that these days. Sport (all kinds) is one of the biggest industries worldwide, providing a livelihood for millions of people (competitors, team and organization administration, staff in concessions and marketing, journalists, and many others).  For those, it is every bit as essential a business as for individuals in manufacturing, retail, and health.

It really isn't as simple as it may first appear. This is why many are are predicting that the aftermath of all this will be just as bad - if not worse - than the actual virus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chunky said:

The problem is that while many consider it just "sport", it really is a lot more than than that these days. Sport (all kinds) is one of the biggest industries worldwide, providing a livelihood for millions of people (competitors, team and organization administration, staff in concessions and marketing, journalists, and many others).  For those, it is every bit as essential a business as for individuals in manufacturing, retail, and health.

It really isn't as simple as it may first appear. This is why many are are predicting that the aftermath of all this will be just as bad - if not worse - than the actual virus.

I do agree. Not sure everyone will be chomping at the bit to re-enter stadiums either. 

Sport provides an ideal escape for the working man. I wonder whether they will withdraw sporting events until there is universal support for a vaccine? 

Edited by Robinh88

Friends, fans and brethren please spread the word.

Our Virtual Skid project next airs tomorrow, Thursday 16 July and features the Heathens going wheel to wheel against the Coventry Bees from the 90’s. Please come and join us on Speedway Portals Youtube channel, like our FB Page Virtual Skid and Twitter @skidvirtual

Each Heat is sponsored (as are the team managers Garry Stead and Adam Roynon). The Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund will be the sponsorship recipients.

Additional donations are being taken. Don’t  forget the SRBF text line is now open for you to be able to donate £5 - its quick and easy and you will be supporting a great cause. 

Text SRBF to 70085 or SRBFNOINFO to 70085 if you do not want any marketing updates.

Here is the legal bit....

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and  SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text SRBFNOINFO to 70085. 

If you haven’t tried Virtual Skid yet, search Speedway Portal and follow the links to one of the five meetings that have already been screened.