British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fatface

Speedway Star Collection?

Is there any soul out there who has a collection of Speedway Stars they would like to pass on to a new owner? It's for a project. Particularly looking for 1970s-00s. :)

• Like 1

I would love some from the 70s and early 80s. I have no chance. People would want big money.

14 minutes ago, craigACE said:

I would love some from the 70s and early 80s. I have no chance. People would want big money.

...and, too think, I gave mine all away!

• Like 1

Binned mine from the 70/80s along with my programmes from that era , Wembley finals too.:cry:

People do throw things away. I have with certain Speedway programmes. Football/Rugby shirts/programmes. One i regret the most is when i knew Leigh Centurions were stopping doing programmes i binned my entire collection of them. I say bin bag them and put them in the loft.

• Like 1

Guest compost
On 4/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, falcace said:

Is there any soul out there who has a collection of Speedway Stars they would like to pass on to a new owner? It's for a project. Particularly looking for 1970s-00s. :)

PM me, might be able to help.

I used to have a huge collection of Speedway magazines dating back to 1932. I got married in 1969 and when I came back from honeymoon my Mother said to me "I've had a good clearout and have thrown all those old papers in your old bedroom away." Thanks Mum!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got them complete in binders from 1970 to 1986 and loose from 1987 to 1994, the year i stopped buying the star. I probably should have got rid of them years ago, but i needed some statistics so i kept them. Now thanks to some excellent websites like speedway researcher and international speedway, the time has come.

6 hours ago, brianbuck said:

I used to have a huge collection of Speedway magazines dating back to 1932. I got married in 1969 and when I came back from honeymoon my Mother said to me "I've had a good clearout and have thrown all those old papers in your old bedroom away." Thanks Mum!!!!!

An ex-girlfriend once did the same to me, but only the once.  She gleefully informed me "I threw out all those music, speedway & motorbike magazines while you were at work, the dustmen arrived and took them all away".  I informed her with equal glee that if she did anything like that again all her clothes would go into said dusbin for the dustmen to take away, was but one of very many reasons she became an ex-girlfriend and is no more.  I replaced the lady in question and time replaced all the mags too.  So, hah! :party:.  Was tempted but no, she didn't end up in the dustbin ;)....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar
  • Like 1