British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

New Zealand tracks update

Three tracks stage regular solos:

Moore Park, Christchurch

Rose bank, Auckland

Oreti Park, Invercargill.

Apart from Bradley Wilson-Dean top riders are Andrew Aldridge, Jake Turner and Ryan Terry-Daley.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Three tracks stage regular solos:

Moore Park, Christchurch

Rose bank, Auckland

Oreti Park, Invercargill.

Apart from Bradley Wilson-Dean top riders are Andrew Aldridge, Jake Turner and Ryan Terry-Daley.

Top riders in New Zealand but with respects to them far from the golden days of solo riders like Bruce Abernethy, Ronnie Moore, Geoff Mardon, Barry Briggs, Bruce Cribb etc. 

Sadly I think that New Zealand solo speedway is following the trend that happened in South Africa in recent  years. That is no solo speedway but plenty of oval track car racing. 

I was fortunate enough to see Speedway racing in both Canada and South Africa in 2017 just before the demise in both.

I also saw meetings in New Zealand at Rosebank and Oreti Park in March (just before the travel restrictions) and although solo Speedway there bears little resemblance to what it once was there is hopefully enough interest and younger riders coming through to sustain some form of solo activity for a few more years at least.