British Speedway Forum

Never nice to see riders crash and hope on every occasion they walk away healthy as possible.  

However some are quite spectacular, some are ball breaking and you also see the odd comical ones where the rider may even feel silly.

Post a crash thread.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Never nice to see riders crash and hope on every occasion they walk away healthy as possible.  

However some are quite spectacular, some are ball breaking and you also see the odd comical ones where the rider may even feel silly.

Post a crash thread.

Forgotten how narrow the Poole track once was.

That happened at Oxford early 80s in a challenge against an Italian touring side. One of the Italians fell and his helmet came off, they said at the time it was due to his helmet having a chin strap instead of a strap that went under his chin.

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

That happened at Oxford early 80s in a challenge against an Italian touring side. One of the Italians fell and his helmet came off, they said at the time it was due to his helmet having a chin strap instead of a strap that went under his chin.

I missed that match as I was on holiday taking in a meeting at Eastbourne.

think i was on the centre for this and all i can remember is that helmet going and Colin's head is in it.

his wife Sue took toilet roll around after that as she said she rubbish herself .. lovely couple

13 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Post a crash thread.

Yep, never nice when someone hurts themselves.

There were a couple of other crashes around that time involving the Falcons that you couldn't help but smirk at after the riders emerged unscathed. One involved Richard Green (of course), whose cut out failed and the bike chased him across the centre green. The other was Mark Simmonds somehow finding himself sliding astride the Exeter solid steel fence and he took out a red light on the way. He literally had sparks flying from his nether regions. :blink:

• Like 1

was once at exeter must have been when the comets were their after a crash on the first bend a bike still running stood up and was going straight for some people sat in wheelchairs under the rugby posts,their helpers just ran thankfully the bike missed everyone, good to have a laugh about it now but a bit of a scare at the time .

9 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Blimey! Obviously the cut-out didn't cut-out!

Worst part of our Sport. As soon as one happens i am there saying, Get up, So i know you are ok. More often than not they get up as if nothing just happened.

• Like 1

And yes he did get up and walk away

It's funny how the vast majority of Speedway fans say they hate seeing crashes and yet crashes and cock ups DVD's outsell all the others by a wide margin.

I'm quite happy to put my hand up and say that I like watching crashes if nobody is seriously hurt and that includes my own and those of my kids!

Good to see one from a different angle!

53 minutes ago, screm said:

And yes he did get up and walk away

Astonishing!

5 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

I like the bloke stepping casually out of the way while eating his burger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Astonishing!

Not only did he walk away , he  came out  and beat Havvy  next time out 

• Like 2