British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BL65

World Final consistency

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Sorry Sid, that doesn't really make sense.

In the old World Final you often had five riders who were totally out of their depth.

After a couple of rides you had as much as half the field out of contention.

In a GP it's far from easier, firstly because of the reason you have used to suggest its easier to score, the semi finals...  it means much more of the field has something to race for..

And even without the semi-finals, every single pt in every single race counts towards their overall season end standing. There's no slacking of or just dialing it in as it all counts.

Even now Witcher at least six riders have no chance of winning a final,,and that is being honest.No different to being in the old format really.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

You also need to look in the mirror and be HONEST wth yourself Chunky. Logic and Fact really so sorry Chunky don't see you have displayed that much in your  recent post's. Tried to be adult with you call a truce try to move on with you but you are not interested your call I suppose.

Please read - and try to understand - what I write! There is no need for a truce, because we are not at war. You are just offended by every post I make that offers an opinion that differs from yours, and you get insulting.

Virtually every post I make on here is based on logic, reason, and fact, from Woffinden vs Lee, to Jansson not being one of the top five or six riders in the world at the time of his death.

You need to accept that your opinion is NOT  gospel, and you are not being an adult by calling me a Muppet, and accusing me of saying things that I didn't.

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Even now Witcher at least six riders have no chance of winning a final,,and that is being honest.No different to being in the old format really.

Again Sid, that is completely false. You're so far out with that statement it's staggering.

Out of last year's starting field the ONLY one you could possibly put an argument together for would be Lambert.

It is completely different to the old format for the reasons I described to you. Every race means something to every rider.. the only exceptions might come in the final round or two of the season when for some it would be like... you guessed it, an old style World Final they can't win.

Edited by BWitcher

Just now, chunky said:

Please read - and try to understand - what I write! There is no need for a truce, because we are not at war. You are just offended by every post I make that offers an opinion that differs from yours, and you get insulting.

Virtually every post I make on here is based on logic, reason, and fact, from Woffinden vs Lee, to Jansson not being one of the top five or six riders in the world at the time of his death.

You need to accept that your opinion is NOT  gospel, and you are not being an adult by calling me a Muppet, and accusing me of saying things that I didn't.

Don't CRY , logic fact you don't  seem to  grasp it do you. Chunky poor chap..Look you never seem to read the posts do you.????  i have tried my best with you humoured you try to be ok with you but you feel you are superior which is a real shame.

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Again Sid, that is completely false. You're so far out with that statement it's staggering.

Out of last year's starting field the ONLY one you could possibly put an argument together for would be Lambert.

It is completely different to the old format for the reasons I described to you. Every race means something to every rider.. the only exceptions might come in the final round or two of the season when for some it would be like... you guessed it, an old style World Final they can't win.

Really thought Lambert reached an early semi.? 

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is different, because the old system was never intended to get best riders in the world to the world final, and it was never close to doing that. The GP system IS designed to include the best riders in the world, and you have - at the very least - 13 of the best 15.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't CRY , logic fact you don't  seem to  grasp it do you. Chunky poor chap..Look you never seem to read the posts do you.????  i have tried my best with you humoured you try to be ok with you but you feel you are superior which is a real shame.

Who's crying? What a bizarre statement to make... 

Just now, chunky said:

It is different, because the old system was never intended to get best riders in the world to the world final, and it was never close to doing that. The GP system IS designed to include the best riders in the world, and you have - at the very least - 13 of the best 15.

Give me your address and i will send you some tissues, pathetic yet you have the nerve to give Gustix crap,.

And??? You were talking about riders being world champion, and now you are talking about an individual semi-final! EVERY rider in the GP is MORE than capable of making semi-finals.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He did, but that's the only one that comes close to your statement of not having a chance of winning a final. The fact you disagree with him speaks volumes!

I challenge you to name one other, never mind the six you claimed :)

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Who's crying? What a bizarre statement to make... 

Offered you a truce to be adult about stuff  but you know best. 

1 minute ago, chunky said:

And??? You were talking about riders being world champion, and now you are talking about an individual semi-final! EVERY rider in the GP is MORE than capable of making semi-finals.

He said at least six wouldn't have a chance of winning a final.... not World Champ.. winning a final.

Give me your address and i will send you some tissues, pathetic yet you have the nerve to give Gustix crap,.

You really aren't making any sense at all. Can you please explain why you consider my statement pathetic?

Just now, BWitcher said:

He did, but that's the only one that comes close to your statement of not having a chance of winning a final. The fact you disagree with him speaks volumes!

I challenge you to name one other, never mind the six you claimed :)

Did you forget Lambo....???

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Offered you a truce to be adult about stuff  but you know best. 

What the f*ck are you on about? Are you being an adult here? Again, this is not a war; this is just you attacking every thing I say.