British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BL65

World Final consistency

50 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not name calling at all, give you a chance to be adult about stuff you decided to be be complete tool.

You called me a prick. That isn't name calling? Now you called me a complete tool. That isn't name calling? How have I not been an adult?

You are lying when you claim that I thought Tommy was a novice. I stated that he WAS world-class, and you can go back and check. All I said was that he was not yet at the World Champion level, a fact substantiated by statistics and results.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 6:55 PM, Sidney the robin said:

That comfort zone of knowing you only  have to get to a semi and can still win the meeting for me makes it easier now though.Do i think the series as being  particularly strong now yes it is strong but there are a few riders there on the way down and at the moment are not being replaced by fresh blood.

I think you just made a strong argument for GP series being harder to win than the old world champs.

Easiest: win an individual gp. Finish top half of field, finish in top two in one race. Be best rider in one race

Harder: finish in top "x" in 2-4 qualifying meetings. Be best rider in one meeting (typically a line up missing at least a couple of the worlds top ten riders, and containing at least a couple of riders well short of world class standard)

Hardest: be the best rider over a series of 6-13 meetings, containing 15 of the worlds best riders (typically including all of the worlds top 10 riders, rarely containing more than 1 rider not of top quality).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, chunky said:

You called me a prick. That isn't name calling? Now you called me a complete tool. That isn't name calling? How have I not been an adult?

You are lying when you claim that I thought Tommy was a novice. I stated that he WAS world-class, and you can go back and check. All I said was that he was not yet at the World Champion level, a fact substantiated by statistics and results.

You did  Chunky  you did not READ the post properly.To say Jansson would NOT of been a threat between 1976/84 for me is more controversial than sitting on the fence like me and saying he would of been.People i respect big time in speedway none of them had a doubt Tommy would of been competitive you HAVE you said so you told me his results and who he beat in a way  that belittled him.On  this forum you go after me and Gustix at every opportunity don't know why ???? funny you never target other members not that i give a flying f... what you think.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You did  Chunky  you did not READ the post properly.To say Jansson would NOT of been a threat between 1976/84 for me is more controversial than sitting on the fence like me and saying he would of been.People i respect big time in speedway none of them had a doubt Tommy would of been competitive you HAVE you said so you told me his results and who he beat in a way  that belittled him.On  this forum you go after me and Gustix at every opportunity don't know why ???? funny you never target other members not that i give a flying f... what you think.

Please stop telling lies. All I said was that we don't know; it is all conjecture. I certainly did NOT say he wouldn't have been a threat, and in fact, I actually stated that I believed he WOULD have been. So, why lie, and accused me of saying things I didn't?

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He didn't say that.

He said we don't know what would have happened.

I've highlighted Joe Screen as a perfect example.

You make some brilliant posts on here Sid, but every now and then you drop a clanger and say something silly that is quickly corrected by others (like your six riders in the GP that can't win a final). Then you get all hot under the collar and start swearing and abusing. Don't worry about it.

Edited by BWitcher

25 minutes ago, chunky said:

Please stop telling lies. All I said was that we don't know; it is all conjecture. I certainly did NOT say he wouldn't have been a threat, and in fact, I actually stated that I believed he WOULD have been. So, why lie, and accused me of saying things I didn't?

You are a LIAR to even comment on it , you said in 1975/76 Jansson he had not achieved anything of note you give me his results forgetting ( the pairs with Anders) winning the Southern English Championship. the Laurels and  being holder of the golden helmet think again Chunky.

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a LIAR to even comment on it , you said in 1975/76 Jansson he had not achieved anything of note you give me his results forgetting ( the pairs with Anders) winning the Southern English Championship. the Laurels and  being holder of the golden helmet think again Chunky.

Not once did I say that he hadn't achieved anything of note. Please stop making this up as you go along.

Edited by chunky

26 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

He didn't say that.

He said we don't know what would have happened.

I've highlighted Joe Screen as a perfect example.

You make some brilliant posts on here Sid, but every now and then you drop a clanger and say something silly that is quickly corrected by others (like your six riders in the GP that can't win a final). Then you get all hot under the collar and start swearing and abusing. Don't worry about it.

I never said that Witcher all i said was Jansson who was 24 and was on the up would of Probably???? been around 1980 ( aged 28 with riders like Penhall, Lee, Carter, Sigalos, Sanders, nothing wrong with that at all surely.Not rocket science most people who i know within speedway better judges than you and i and certainty Chunky all have said Jansson was a class act .

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

I never said that Witcher all i said was Jansson who was 24 and was on the up would of Probably???? been around 1980 ( aged 28 with riders like Penhall, Lee, Carter, Sigalos, Sanders, nothing wrong with that at all surely.Not rocket science most people who i know within speedway better judges than you and i and certainty Chunky all have said Jansson was a class act .

So, you now think that I don't know anything about speedway? Oh well...

Just now, chunky said:

Not once did I say that he hadn't won anything of note. Please stop making this up as you go along.

All you said  was that you see him win the Laurels ??  you are full of rubbish Chunky .Never said he had achieved out, your comments were up until 1976 he had not really achieved anything of note don't LIE you said it.

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I really can't see your problem Sidney. This is what Chunky said: "I had seen Tommy a few times in 1975, and yes he was very good; the last time I saw him was when he won The Laurels with a 15 point max. I hadn't been at all in 1976, but it was Tommy's death that brought me back the following week. I get the point that Doug is making, and I agree that he was much improved in 1976, and as I said, I think he WOULD have got there - quite possibly that same year - but it was too early in 1976 to actually say that he had reached the elite few. It was a terrible tragedy, and we will never know."

What do you disagree with there and what do you think he is lying about?

• Like 2

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

All you said  was that you see him win the Laurels ??  you are full of rubbish Chunky .Never said he had achieved out, your comments were up until 1976 he had not really achieved anything of note don't LIE you said it.

Please copy and paste the items where I said:

1) He was a novice

2) He hadn't achieved anything of note

3) He wouldn't have reached the top level from 1976/84

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a full of rubbish.

In what way?

1 minute ago, norbold said:

I really can't see your problem Sidney. This is what Chunky said: "I had seen Tommy a few times in 1975, and yes he was very good; the last time I saw him was when he won The Laurels with a 15 point max. I hadn't been at all in 1976, but it was Tommy's death that brought me back the following week. I get the point that Doug is making, and I agree that he was much improved in 1976, and as I said, I think he WOULD have got there - quite possibly that same year - but it was too early in 1976 to actually say that he had reached the elite few. It was a terrible tragedy, and we will never know."

What do you disagree with there and what do you think he is lying about?

But Norbold what did i say wrong ??? to actually say Jansson who was 24 when he died in 76 would of been around when Nielsen Gundersen.Sanders.Lee, Carter in 1982? I never made a stupid statement , Jansson i think?.he  would of been around.Chunky is a liar or he is to proud to backtrack not that i care one way or another.