British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Name the rider

Can any member name this pre-WW2 American star?

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Yes...

So who the f**k is it then??

22 minutes ago, BOBBATH said:

So who the f**k is it then??

I just don't want to take all the glory, and see if others will know. Obviously you have no idea, Bob, but do you have any idea why I would know?

Edited by chunky

Ray Tauser (USA) ?

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Ray Tauser (USA) ?

You got it!

• Thanks 1

Can you name this West Ham rider and possibly/hopefully give some career details and when  please?

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up
Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, gustix said:

Can you name this West Ham rider and possibly/hopefully give some career details and when  please?

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Well, the comments on the photo seem to suggest it is Geoff Woodger.

• Haha 1

Comments norbold? I cannot see any! Obviously when we can go outdoors again I must visit Specsavers!

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, gustix said:

Comments norbold? I cannot see any! Obviously when we can go outdoors again I must visit Specsavers!

Are you serious? You made the first comment on the photo!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gustix said:

Wasn't he team mates with a couple of your pals, Al Sparrey and Jim Chalkley ? Surprised you don't remember him

I know these gustix threads are ridiculous but I find they are becoming one of my early ports of call each morning when I have my first brew,  just to see what depths he has plunged to and how he has been found out again. 

• Haha 1

I'm on parade nice and early, a shade battered and bruised maybe after the onslaught, but feel in fine mood for the day ahead.

Re the now identified Geoff Woodger photo: norbold commented there were indications on the actual photo that it as Geoff Woodger. My response was that I could not see any such indication. I still can't.

Where on the photo does it indicate the rider shown is Geoff Woodger.

BTW I have never indicated that I did not know the rider was Geoff Woodger. My initial caption read "...Can you name this West Ham rider and possibly/hopefully give some career details and when  please?..." That would indicate I had placed the photo as an item to stimulate some response from other forum members rather than of a rider who a rider who I did not know. 

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, gustix said:

I'm on parade nice and early, a shade battered and bruised maybe after the onslaught, but feel in fine mood for the day ahead.

Re the no identified Geoff Woodger photo: nor bold commented there were indications on the actual photo that it as Geoff Woodger. My response was that I could not see any such indication. I still can't.

Where on the photo does it indicate the rider shown is Geoff Woodger.

Click on the pic and it takes you to the comments. Easy

My good deed done for the day, nice and early

The thing is, if you knew who it was why didn't you help out on the thread you copied the pic from ? Strange indeed

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1