British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Mighty Mick!

Does any fellow member recall leg trailer Mick Mitchell? Pre-WW2  he was a protege of the South African rider Keith Harvey and between 1937-39 rode at Crystal Palace and Crayford.

Post-war between 1946-50 Mitchell  rode for New Cross, Birmingham, Hull and Swindon. At one-time he was also the Division Three match race champion.

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

I had a phone call this evening from a lady who told me that after retiring from speedway for many years Mick Mitchell was the caretaker at a school in Lee Green, Lewisham, London SE13.

1 hour ago, gustix said:

I had a phone call this evening from a lady who told me that after retiring from speedway for many years Mick Mitchell was the caretaker at a school in Lee Green, Lewisham, London SE13.

You're dragging up stuff you already know, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. November 24, 2016....YOU said!

New Cross Memories

gustix posted a topic in Years Gone By

...I believed the race winner wasMick Mitchell, who away from the track was a school caretaker in Lewisham. Recently, I found out that Mitchell was not in that race - the winner was Belle Vue's Wally Lloyd. And, just for the record, New Cross won the challenge match 46-37. For the next 17 year...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, andout said:

You're dragging up stuff you already know, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. November 24, 2016....YOU said!

How long have you been around, andout? Sadly, this really isn't unusual. I don't know if you saw what happened on another thread earlier?

Gustix posted a similar question, something that I believed - and still believe - he knew (although apparently, he didn't know who went by the nickname "Briggo", or recognised him). I answered in a friendly and informal manner (using nicknames and first names) - as I thought it was just a little test to see if anyone else knew - and he blew a basket, and accused me of trying to "eff him up"!

Like you, I don't know what he is trying to achieve when he posts stuff he knows, but acts like he doesn't...

12 minutes ago, chunky said:

How long have you been around, andout? Sadly, this really isn't unusual. I don't know if you saw what happened on another thread earlier?

Gustix posted a similar question, something that I believed - and still believe - he knew (although apparently, he didn't know who went by the nickname "Briggo", or recognised him). I answered in a friendly and informal manner (using nicknames and first names) - as I thought it was just a little test to see if anyone else knew - and he blew a basket, and accused me of trying to "eff him up"!

Like you, I don't know what he is trying to achieve when he posts stuff he knows, but acts like he doesn't...

Well it seems he accused andout of holding a grudge from a while back(years) on a Canadian speedway thread, before he hid the post, then the whole thread about his Dons group.

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well it seems he accused andout of holding a grudge from a while back(years) on a Canadian speedway thread, before he hid the post, then the whole thread about his Dons group.

So, it's not just me and you, then? He hates others too?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chunky said:

I have been around a long time......I guess I'm also getting fed up with all the shares and copy / paste stuff on FB from him as well......a constant stream of duplicated stuff out there now. Makes it very boring.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

I had forgotten about that........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andout said:

I have been around a long time......I guess I'm also getting fed up with all the shares and copy / paste stuff on FB from him as well......a constant stream of duplicated stuff out there now. Makes it very boring.

I agree. Also the problem here is when threads are started a year or so after the first is not only are the points repeated, but also the mistakes etc.... Gustix does seem to be one of the main culprits. I’d like to put it down to a bad memory.....but

he may be annoying but he's a human being. I don't think posters should be bullied. I don't know his situation but this site may be an important source of company and communication. He's annoyed me in the past but its so easy to skip past. I've lost a couple of electronic friends off here due to bullying and abuse, it needs to stop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

he may be annoying but he's a human being. I don't think posters should be bullied. I don't know his situation but this site may be an important source of company and communication. He's annoyed me in the past but its so easy to skip past. I've lost a couple of electronic friends off here due to bullying and abuse, it needs to stop.

I doubt this site is important, seeing as he often slags it off and has so many other sites to control

On the other hand you could tell him to stop acting the wally and then nobody would feel the need to reply......simple really 

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

Agree,he is only asking if any  OTHER fellow member of the forum recalls the rider in Question.Some people just can’t resisted being nasty.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

I agree that players shouldn't be bullied, but he does his fair share too. Only yesterday he went on a tirade against me for posting information about a photo he posted, claiming it was worthless, and simply an effort to "eff him off". He also told me I needed educating, as I was just "guessing" information (which I took from a company website).

I don't get offended if somebody corrects info I have posted, but I don't take it lightly when somebody makes false accusations against me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

I agree that players shouldn't be bullied, but he does his fair share too. Only yesterday he went on a tirade against me for posting information about a photo he posted, claiming it was worthless, and simply an effort to "eff him off". He also told me I needed educating, as I was just "guessing" information (which I took from a company website).

I don't get offended if somebody corrects info I have posted, but I don't take it lightly when somebody makes false accusations against me.

Agree. He also accused andout of holding some year long grudge. Also ignores attempts to help, like I did with the copy and paste post. A few on here, when they are taking a break, you notice how nice and interesting the forum can be

Edited by iris123

Just now, iris123 said:

Agree. He also accused andout of holding some year long grudge. Also ignores attempt to help, like I did with the copy and paste post. A few on here, when they are taking a break, you notice how nice and interesting the forum can be

I have exchanged MANY PM's with John, both on here and on FB. I have explained why people react the way they do, and tried to help him in different ways. I have also defended him, and - if he goes about things in a 'normal' manner - he is a very valuable member of any speedway group or forum.

• Like 3