British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Illegal Riding Zero Tolerance

Auto Cycle Union

FULL WEBSITE LATEST NEWS LATEST EVENTS

Illegal Riding – Zero Tolerance

Despite the current lockdown, some people are choosing to flout the rules and risk the future of our sport by illegally utilising Forestry Commission land and private venues. 

Illegal activity on Forestry Commission land is a criminal offence and puts all legitimate events at risk.

The ACU take a zero tolerance approach to this in partnership with the Forestry Commission, and local police. Anyone caught illegally riding on Forestry Commission Land can expect: 

- Your bike WILL be impounded under Section 59 by the Forestry Commission and Police. 

- You WILL be prosecuted for a criminal act by the police. 

- You WILL be reported to ACU/ AMCA Head Office for a termination of your competition licence. This will be shared with all authorising bodies. 

If you have any information, you are encouraged to contact the police through 101.

Please share this post to ensure the message gets far and wide.

• Like 1

Ffs I think there are bigger concerns in this country with people disregarding the social distancing rules that a lone biker riding on land without permission.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Ffs I think there are bigger concerns in this country with people disregarding the social distancing rules that a lone biker riding on land without permission.

I assume the main issue is that if they crash, it impacts on the health system capacity?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

12 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

I assume the main issue is that if they crash, it impacts on the health system capacity?

It is hard for everyone to stay at home, but even harder for the frontline NHS staff and associated services.

Potentially having to deal with irresponsible people riding bikes and having accidents can only exacerbate problems for them. 

You WILL be reported to ACU/ AMCA Head Office for a termination of your competition licence. This will be shared with all authorising bodies. 

Various riders from different motorcycle sports have posted videos and have already been reported.

You are responsible for yourself, your family and friends, stay safe by being smart.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

It is hard for everyone to stay at home, but even harder for the frontline NHS staff and associated services.

Potentially having to deal with irresponsible people riding bikes and having accidents can only exacerbate problems for them. 

You WILL be reported to ACU/ AMCA Head Office for a termination of your competition licence. This will be shared with all authorising bodies. 

Various riders from different motorcycle sports have posted videos and have already been reported.

You are responsible for yourself, your family and friends, stay safe by being smart.

Whilst I don't condone people doing this, this rhetoric is old and stale now. A&E units are deserted in hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Whilst I don't condone people doing this, this rhetoric is old and stale now. A&E units are deserted in hospitals.

That's a bit sweeping.  Many are most definitely not.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

That's a bit sweeping.  Many are most definitely not.  

Fair point.. but many are..

Point is, none of them should be surely?

Just now, BWitcher said:

Fair point.. but many are..

Point is, none of them should be surely?

True - The ones in outlying areas were panicked into expanding way beyond what was necessary early doors as no one wanted to listen to the info re who was genuinely at risk.

Now they've got themselves in a tangle of being too cautious to convert units back to their original usage as still even now the guidance they are getting is muddled at best..    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Doesn't matter a jot. The reason is,  it is Forestry Commission and/or private land and they make the rules. They have decreed for whatever reason they don't want bikes ridden on their land. What part of that don't you understand.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

To be honest I agree with the ACU's stance on this, having been in the unfortunate position of having bikes stolen in the past.  I doubt reporting such activities with have much effect though, as in many areas youths can be seen riding illegally on clearly stolen motorcycles / mopeds on roads, footpaths and across school fields and little or no action is taken by the fuzz....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Doesn't matter a jot. The reason is,  it is Forestry Commission and/or private land and they make the rules. They have decreed for whatever reason they don't want bikes ridden on their land. What part of that don't you understand.

I understand all of it, I don't condone them whatsoever. They're idiots.

That wasn't the point I was making.

I was commenting on the NHS message which is now beginning to become outdated.

Edited by BWitcher

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

I understand all of it, I don't condone them whatsoever. They're idiots.

That wasn't the point I was making.

I was commenting on the NHS message which is now beginning to become outdated.

And I understand that you have your views BUT the NHS was not mentioned in the statement. You chose to bring it up, because it suits your arguments that are massively well documented on another thread (which you are totally entitled to do)

My point was by linking it to the NHS you were covertly implying that because the NHS is not snowed under (your view) it's OK to break the Forestry Commission rules.

Sadly symptomatic of many nowadays. The rules only apply if they want them to.

My view and I'm sticking to it:P

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

And I understand that you have your views BUT the NHS was not mentioned in the statement. You chose to bring it up, because it suits your arguments that are massively well documented on another thread (which you are totally entitled to do)

My point was by linking it to the NHS you were covertly implying that because the NHS is not snowed under (your view) it's OK to break the Forestry Commission rules.

Sadly symptomatic of many nowadays. The rules only apply if they want them to.

My view and I'm sticking to it:P

I didn't reply to the statement, I replied to Secsy's post who mentioned the NHS in his very first line. So it wasn't me that brought it up.

I have made it abundantly clear my that I don't condone the breaking of any forestry commission rules.

If you wish to concoct fantasies, go ahead.. to quote you.. "Sadly symptomatic of many nowadays".

Edited by BWitcher

Apologies for accusing you of bringing it up. The rest of my post stands.

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Apologies for accusing you of bringing it up. The rest of my post stands.

No it doesn't after I have clarified my contempt for anyone flouting the rules.

It is not 'my view' that the NHS is not snowed under. Another fabrication on your part. It is a fact that the NHS is not snowed under, hence the government beginning to make plans for easing lockdown restrictions.