British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Illegal Riding Zero Tolerance

18 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Ffs I think there are bigger concerns in this country with people disregarding the social distancing rules that a lone biker riding on land without permission.

So motorcyclists should be free to do as they please whenever they see fit. Other people's rules don't apply to them? Whilst there's a killer on the streets, all lesser crimes are still excusable?

I'm assuming that the ACU's post relating to Forestry Commission land is aimed more at the trials / MX etc riders? Still, the rules is the rules. The riders can't say they've not been warned. If they can't obey a simple rule like this then what chance do they have of complying with the SCB Speedway Regulations?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

No it doesn't after I have clarified my contempt for anyone flouting the rules.

It is not 'my view' that the NHS is not snowed under. Another fabrication on your part. It is a fact that the NHS is not snowed under, hence the government beginning to make plans for easing lockdown restrictions.

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Whilst I don't condone people doing this, this rhetoric is old and stale now. A&E units are deserted in hospitals.

5 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

True - The ones in outlying areas were panicked into expanding way beyond what was necessary early doors as no one wanted to listen to the info re who was genuinely at risk.

Now they've got themselves in a tangle of being too cautious to convert units back to their original usage as still even now the guidance they are getting is muddled at best..    

5 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

That's a bit sweeping.  Many are most definitely not.  

I rest my and Star Lady's case. Be humble enough to admit you were wrong.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I rest my and Star Lady's case. Be humble enough to admit you were wrong.

Well your beloved government says otherwise.. so are you now saying they are lying?

• Haha 1

Thought it was a decent attempt to try and ease the rules without opening the flood gates. Boris is wrong whatever he does, according to his critics. On the one hand, if he does ease anything,  people will open the flood gates and abuse the easing by reverting to normal life, Union leaders and business's will have concerns about a safe return to work on safety issues . On the other hand, if he doesn't ease anything, people will feel compelled to revolt against present conditions which has already started, and business men will be exasperated trying to restart their business without getting the nod to do so. It's a very delicate path especially now that Scotland and Wales are starting to anger the government by not attempting to implement the same solutions. Nowt new there Nicola.

At least we can see the road map ahead, and it's in our hands as to how quick we can get to the end which is planned for July but not normal as we know it. Without reading all the crap on here from the usual suspects, whatever what is done or proposed will be wrong apparently, they will be told lies after lies, the MSM will continue to be Labour's best ally, etc. Remember the government will be guided by experts with coefficients and parameters, and they will all be EXPERTS, and it's to be also remembered there is none on here. Only interested spectators playing with figures.     

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It's a very delicate path especially now that Scotland and Wales are starting to anger the ENGLISH  government by not attempting to implement the same solutions. Nowt new there Nicola.

Disagree with her politics BUT I know who I trust more. At least we've been treated like adults.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, edmon said:

Disagree with her politics BUT I know who I trust more. At least we've been treated like adults.

Boris is trying to treat people as adults, it’s them that are not. Stay alert doesn’t really need to explained in great detail even if you only have half a brain. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, edmon said:

I would go the other way. I don't think people in Scotland are being treated like adults, they are being handled with kid gloves, which is probably a better route than offering people to read a message as they wish. 

Locations in England will be a shambles this weekend if the weather is anything like decent. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Boris is trying to treat people as adults, it’s them that are not. Stay alert doesn’t really need to explained in great detail even if you only have half a brain. 

So you've looked in on the Scottish television briefings as well as the English ones on BBC, and made your judgement based on them. 

3 minutes ago, edmon said:

So you've looked in on the Scottish television briefings as well as the English ones on BBC, and made your judgement based on them. 

Yes,  and in her intention to get her own way on Independance regardless of her country voting against it, and not asking for it in any great number. What, in your opinion, do you think I should have looked at 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I have had a one way system in my store for six weeks..

Plenty of arrows on the floor and someone to advise you which way to go as you walk in..

Every day we tell plenty of people they are going the wrong way..

With the usual response "oh, that's what the arrows mean"..

The country is sadly full of morons who will now decide "lockdown is over"..

You cannot tell people to look after themselves as many are quite incapable of doing so due to being simply thick..

Chaos will no doubt ensue, and the Govt will be blamed for effectively asking people to behave like adults..

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mikebv said:

he country is sadly full of morons who will now decide "lockdown is over"..

You cannot tell people to look after themselves as many are quite incapable of doing so due to being simply thick..

Chaos will no doubt ensue, and the Govt will be blamed for effectively asking people to behave like adults

Sadly I feel that is so. I am honestly fearful that there is more danger for those in the high risk groups ( which includes me ) in this next new phase.  I see it already as many people have dropped their concern about social distancing in the park where I walk every day. Runners decide to stop next to you, puffing and wheezing after a strenuous burst of exercise, hopefully they are not infected and carrying the virus. Some people do not think about their actions at all.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Sadly I feel that is so. I am honestly fearful that there is more danger for those in the high risk groups ( which includes me ) in this next new phase.  I see it already as many people have dropped their concern about social distancing in the park where I walk every day. Runners decide to stop next to you, puffing and wheezing after a strenuous burst of exercise, hopefully they are not infected and carrying the virus. Some people do not think about their actions at all.

sorry but if you are in the High Risk group and have recived a letter you should not even be outside the confines of your house.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, ekimba said:

sorry but if you are in the High Risk group and have recived a letter you should not even be outside the confines of your house.

I think, There are different levels of High risk, there's High Risk without a letter, and Very High risk with a letter (Shielded). As far as clarity between the two, i.e  what puts a person in one group but not the other, and which rules apply and which don't I haven't got a clue.

I am 72 very shortly and have three conditions  said to add firther complications to a Covid 19 infection. Diabetes, high blood pressure and PMR. I am not in the Very High Risk group ( shielded ) but sadly very much in the High Risk category.

It's interesting and ironic that the self same people who have spent the last 10 years saying that austerity has cost lives, are the same ones who are now complaining that restarting the economy is going to cost lives.

• Like 3