British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

The gustix history files

Hi  gustix,Thought you should know that I have greatly enjoyed reading your pages on the Defunct Speedway site-think John Skinner did a great job in setting that up. I also enjoy the photos you post on this site.   Good for you for having a go at riding speedway-so now in a sense you are part of speedway history also. See you were born in 1933-same as Ove Fundin and Reg Fearman so keep well mate.

One question-how did you come up with the moniker gustix.. its interesting the names people come up with. Some think my real name is indeed bobbath-but actually its Richard Penniman-so guess I won't be posting on here for a while. Keep smilin' mate!!

17 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Hi  gustix, One question-how did you come up with the moniker gustix.. its interesting the names people come up with. Some think my real name is indeed bobbath-but actually its Richard Penniman-so guess I won't be posting on here for a while. Keep smilin' mate!!

Many years ago I was the BSF's 'notorious' speedyguy and wrongly on my part a few other aliases. I was rightly banned/susended by the BSF for more than a year.

Now to gustix. In their infancy my sons and grandsons used to call my dear late wife Mamma Goo. I did think of that as a user name but felt it may have been sexist. Another grandson then suggest possibly 'Goo Sticks' while another grandson came up with the 'corruptive' gustix.  A hands up vote was taken and in that name's favour. 

That's the story BOBBATH. Thank you for the query.

Edited by Guest
spelling error

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:49 PM, BOBBATH said:

Hi  gustix,Thought you should know that I have greatly enjoyed reading your pages on the Defunct Speedway site-think John Skinner did a great job in setting that up. I also enjoy the photos you post on this site.   Good for you for having a go at riding speedway-so now in a sense you are part of speedway history also. See you were born in 1933-same as Ove Fundin and Reg Fearman so keep well mate.

One question-how did you come up with the moniker gustix.. its interesting the names people come up with. Some think my real name is indeed bobbath-but actually its Richard Penniman-so guess I won't be posting on here for a while. Keep smilin' mate!!

I'm surprised your parting comment wasn't Awopbopaloobop alopbamboom!

• Haha 1