British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Is you club having a good lockdown/Covid-19 crisis?

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by Lynn’s social media presence, they’ve popped up in my timelines more than I thought they might. 

No idea what Eastie are doing other than your comments as I don’t follow them but I would say as a general point that bombarding people with too much stuff could work the other way and might turn into white noise eventually. 

It strikes me as if Eastbourne are aware of the possibility of boring people. A lot of their stuff engages the supporters to do things -- as well as very detailed set-piece explanations.  The Ultimate Eagle was perfect example of engaging the fan base -- and crucially also reaching people who used to come to speedway. 

Fine balance, of course, but some pretty good judgements by whoever is running the club's media/PR.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Mate, I'm not getting into an argument with you... You think Leicester's lock down has been great, I think it's been rubbish.

We can agree to disagree

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Mate, I'm not getting into an argument with you... You think Leicester's lock down has been great, I think it's been rubbish.

We can agree to disagree

1. I am not your mate 

2. I was not having an arguement I was informing you of the facts, such as, my ex employer Sky Sports has a 70 year copyright on the content on your YouTube channel.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

1. I am not your mate 

2. I was not having an arguement I was informing you of the facts, such as, my ex employer Sky Sports has a 70 year copyright on the content on your YouTube channel.

Don't threaten me... Just report my YouTube channel if you've got a problem with it. Perhaps you could have a word with your ex employer to make some/all of their archive available for viewing instead of coming back with your smart arsed comments. Maybe if it gets taken down people can look at the Leicester tweets instead.

I couldn't care less whether it gets taken down or not.

You're right, you're not my mate... In fact you sound like a bit of a prat

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't threaten me... Just report my YouTube channel if you've got a problem with it. Perhaps you could have a word with your ex employer to make some/all of their archive available for viewing instead of coming back with your smart arsed comments. Maybe if it gets taken down people can look at the Leicester tweets instead.

I couldn't care less whether it gets taken down or not.

You're right, you're not my mate... In fact you sound like a bit of a prat

At no point do I threaten you.

I dont have a problem with your channel  I was just pointing out that Sky will have a 70 year copyright on their original content. I so jot know if you have applied for its use or not.

The Sky deal was also an exclusive deal, therefore it's up to them what they do with it. But I would imagine there is little or no motivation in showing a sport they are unable to show live in the next five seasons.

All my posts on this subject have done is present tbe facts with the exception of my suggestion that you should look into joining the supporters club which is informed opinion based on the benefits I have found from being a member. 

I look forward to you introducing yourself to me at our next home meeting. I will be found in my normal position on the start line, but will normally be free before and after the meeting h.

35 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

At no point do I threaten you.

I dont have a problem with your channel  I was just pointing out that Sky will have a 70 year copyright on their original content. I so jot know if you have applied for its use or not.

The Sky deal was also an exclusive deal, therefore it's up to them what they do with it. But I would imagine there is little or no motivation in showing a sport they are unable to show live in the next five seasons.

All my posts on this subject have done is present tbe facts with the exception of my suggestion that you should look into joining the supporters club which is informed opinion based on the benefits I have found from being a member. 

I look forward to you introducing yourself to me at our next home meeting. I will be found in my normal position on the start line, but will normally be free before and after the meeting h.

I take it that you "work" for the club?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

I take it that you "work" for the club?

Not directly no. I'm a SCB Licenced Start Marshal.

5 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Not directly no. I'm a SCB Licenced Start Marshal.

And a member of the supporters club... Is that allowed?

I admire your loyalty to the club and if you think they're doing everything right and there's nothing to improve on that's fine.

I think we've crossed swords a few times in other threads. I think there's a lot to improve on

Yes.

I am not loyal to the club but think people should base opinion on fact.  I have not said there's nothing that could be improved. I dont "cross swords" with people as that would imply a fight.

Edited by W9 Lion

9 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Yes.

I am not loyal to tbe club but think people should base opinion on fact.  I have not said there's nothing that could be improved. I dont "cross swords" with people as that would imply a fight.

You're putting me right off joining the supporters club :rofl:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

You're putting me right off joining the supporters club :rofl:

I dont know how, I have only spoken positively about it. I am nothing to do with the committee. I'm just a paying member

22 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by Lynn’s social media presence, they’ve popped up in my timelines more than I thought they might. 

No idea what Eastie are doing other than your comments as I don’t follow them but I would say as a general point that bombarding people with too much stuff could work the other way and might turn into white noise eventually. 

Don't think any Club in any Sport right now could get remotely close to "white noise".

Many Football/Cricket/Rugby Clubs doing nothing at all which is baffling, they want handouts but just want to sit and wait for it.

A lot of Speedway Clubs have significantly in fact most of them boosted their media profile; and deserve praise for that and not criticism.

Of course that does not suit the narrative of the "sport is dying on it's ass flat earth" brigade.  

I'm very happy with what Brummies are trying to so and see similar locally from Leicester. 

• Like 2

I think the Monarchs have done pretty well under these circumstances 

Twice weekly meetings shown on social media

weekly live interviews with members of the current team

colouring in sheets for people to print off and complete

’on this day’ posts most days with pictures and links to Reports on previous matches 

a fans survey to gauge how they are feeling about speedway restarting 

Ok it’s not the real thing but inthibjntheybhave engaged the fan base really well

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Don't think any Club in any Sport right now could get remotely close to "white noise".

Many Football/Cricket/Rugby Clubs doing nothing at all which is baffling, they want handouts but just want to sit and wait for it.

A lot of Speedway Clubs have significantly in fact most of them boosted their media profile; and deserve praise for that and not criticism.

Of course that does not suit the narrative of the "sport is dying on it's ass flat earth" brigade.  

I'm very happy with what Brummies are trying to so and see similar locally from Leicester. 

Thats a really strong point you make about many other sports have reduced their level of social media engagement dramatically. It seams strange, I wonder if its because their sports stars have a much higher profile than speedways?