British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lurcher

highest avg rider

Ok all you stat lovers 

who has had the highest end of season avg.

I remember Crump on about 11.2. has anyone ever got higher, think Adams may have been close?

Remember Hans Nielsen having some sort of ridiculous season with Oxford where I think he only got beaten a handful of times. Around about 1986/87 I think.

Not really a stat man, but didn't Freddie Lindgren hsve a ridiculous average around Monmore at one point.. 

7 hours ago, TeamBouchard said:

Ivan Mauger 11.67 for Belle Vue, 1969.

Spot on, Ivan followed by Hans..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeamBouchard said:

Ivan Mauger 11.67 for Belle Vue, 1969.

Can't remember the stat, but didnt he only lose something like three races all season at Hyde Rd?

I remember a few seasons back Doyley started with a near 14 point average :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Can't remember the stat, but didnt he only lose something like three races all season at Hyde Rd?

Remember Arnie Haley beating him from the back in the silver sash match race at Hyde Road that year

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cuckootoyou said:

Didn't Billy (Sanders) have a really decent average when we sadly lost him ?

Think it may have been 11.53 at the time  (not certain and not checked)

To be fair there does need to be the balance to the equation that many of the 'massive' averages were gained with no fixed gate positions, and the No1 usually picked the best every time, and usually only four rides a night with no 'best riders in the last race' which can impact massively averages nowadays..

But even so, running a high 11 plus average was some achievement given that virtually all the best riders in the World rode here at the time and the heat leaders still rode often against each other..