British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, flagrag said:

The question has already been asked about ExtraLiga on UK tv but PZM , their media agents and N+ are all not interested in providing an English feed or even a clean feed with no comms so unless a last minute change of heart will be the usual internet sources 

Surely it can't be that difficult to provide a clean feed?

To be honest I am not sure how they are doing the production based upon current situation but on based upon how ExtraLiga was previously produced then yes it would be very easy to produce a clean feed it’s just another section on the vision mixer.

Where there would be a cost is getting the pictures from the stadiums to broadcasters as unlike the UK Poland does not have a national fibre optic network for broadcast. 

So in the UK this would just mean sending two feeds down the connection to then be distributed by BT or NEP UK around the world to broadcasters.

In Poland it would require another satellite channel and you pay per minute for that and is a more costly way of broadcasting but can easily be done so yes the declined request is likely to have been based upon a cost decision.

Personally with the current situation and the lack of live motorsports I feel that the PZM and their media partners have missed a good opportunity here to sell to new markets.

Broadcasters worldwide are desperate for professional live sport content now and I strongly believe countries that are motorsport mad that previously have shown no interest in Speedway like Italy,Spain,Germany etc would take the Polish league as long as it was priced reasonably.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

I know Flagrag is in the TV industry but that doesn`t stop him from being wrong on occasions- The Polish league did provide a clean feed in 2018 when Premier/ Freesports showed live Polish speedway on Sundays.  Unfortunately Dave Goddard wasn`t able to do any if my memory serves me right-and the only decent one they used was Alex Raby(FIM TV) who i think did one or two.

Racers and Royals- You are correct a clean feed has previously been provided from Poland for Premier Sports and I am sorry I should have been clearer the question has been asked in the last two weeks about having a clean feed or them providing one with English comms which  they have declined.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, Noodles said:

Sure it's easy but unless a British speaking TV station wants to pay for it there is no benefit to doing it

The Extraleague have announced today the rounds  1 and 2 TV - all UK times

Friday June 12th  Wroclaw v lublin programme start time  4.30pm  1st race  5pm Eleven sport 1

Friday June 12th Czestochowa v Grudziadz programme start time 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sport 1

Sunday June 14th Rybnik v Zielona Gora programme start time 3 pm 1st race  3.30pm  N Sport

Sunday June 14th Gorzow v Leszno programme  start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport

Friday June 19th Grudziadz v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1

Friday June 19th Leszno v Wroclaw programme 7.15pm start time  1st race 7.30pm Eleven Sport 1

Sunday June 21st Lublin v Gorzow programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N Sport

Sunday June 21st Zielona Gora v Czestochowa programme  start time  5.45pm 1st race 6.15pm N Sport

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 3

No crowd will be different but should not affect the racing quality.  The football in Germany has been good viewing. 

As DGT has posted on the Cardiff thread, fans are to be allowed to watch from round 2 on the 19/21st June.

Google translation of Sportowefakty article

PGE Ekstraliga. The fans will enter the stands. From June 19
During Friday's press conference, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced that the fans would return to the stands. From 19 June, stadiums during PGE Ekstraliga matches will be able to fill in 25 percent.

Slag. PGE Ekstraliga with fans on June 12! It is possible! CEOs are already working on a road map
The discussion about when fans will be able to return to the stands has been going on for some time. On Friday morning, the PZPN president Zbigniew Boniek hoped that he said that the same day probably good news would be given that day.
And indeed, during a press conference with the participation of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, it was announced that from 19 June fans - for the time being to a limited extent - will be able to return to the stands.

- From June 19, the government agreed to increase what we had in our plan. These will be mass events, and they need time to organize them, just 2-3 weeks. The protocol is detailed, gives security to everyone - said Boniek.

This applies not only to clubs appearing in football PKO Ekstraklasa. It turns out that the stadiums in PGE Ekstralidze will be able to fill in 25 percent. from the second round, which start is scheduled for June 19.

Already on Thursday, the president of PGE Ekstraliga Wojciech Stępniewski assured in an interview with WP SportoweFakty that work on the project of driving with fans is underway. Ekstraliga prepares the required documents, including a driving plan with fans while maintaining sanitary rigor.

Shortly after the decision to resume football was announced, the date of the start of the struggle at PGE Ekstralidze was also published. Football has once again paved the way for speedway.

Shortly after the end of the Friday conference, Wojciech Stępniewski did not want to officially refer to the new guidelines, but he ensured that work on the plan was still ongoing. The clubs themselves also want fans to return to the stands.

According to the game plan, PGE Ekstraliga will start on Friday, June 12. The Betard Sparta Wrocław - Motor Lublin match will be inaugurated. Let us remind you that speedway riders have already passed coronavirus tests - all of them obtained a negative result.

• Like 1

1st day of training allowed in Poland today and it looks  as if a lot of teams/riders have taken the opportunity to " blow the cobwebs away " including  Zielona Gora, Lublin and Leszno.

17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

1st day of training allowed in Poland today and it looks  as if a lot of teams/riders have taken the opportunity to " blow the cobwebs away " including  Zielona Gora, Lublin and Leszno.

Zielona Gora video- what a great sound !!!!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just renewed with Goldvod TV for 6 months- works out at under 50p per Extraleague match plus all the other Polish Speedway free( E winner league 1 etc)

I've got an IPTV service has all polish sport channels for speedway got that for a year at £56 and every channell needed for sports,what channels is e winner league on RR ? 

• Like 1