British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Was anyone on the PZM payroll involved at Grudziadz? Don't think so.

And when someone from a higher authority stepped in, he immediately suspended the referee for the rest of the year.  Now that is something that nobody in the BSPA / SCB would have the balls to do.  Swift & decisive action. None of this meetings to have a chat, in a few weeks time over tea & biscuits in Rugby malarkey like the British authorities do, in order to sweep problems under the carpet.

Uninformed nonsense. SCB has quickly suspended and disciplined referees adjudged to have fallen short of expected standards. But we didn’t feel the need to take to social media to boast about our actions. If I make an error in my job, I accept the need for some for of correction but not for the whole world to know. 

Mr Stepniewski’s “management board” is basically himself and he just loves being the big “I am”, cleverly covering up that he is the one responsible for appointing sub standards referees. Tonight’s was just one of many. 

• Like 2

A general question, I disn't see any of the meetings this weekend, I don't have Premier Sports. Do any of the Polish tracks have covers? There seems to have been a few postponements this year.

I for one won’t miss Pedersen, can’t stand him and the way he conducts himself on track. Don’t think he was at fault today but the bellendry afterwards leaves a sour taste. 

23 minutes ago, topsoil said:

A general question, I disn't see any of the meetings this weekend, I don't have Premier Sports. Do any of the Polish tracks have covers? There seems to have been a few postponements this year.

They don’t seem to, but they won’t ride if it is raining or if the track is wet so there is no point .IMO. Both today’s meeting had a shower of rain 1 was delayed an hour till they sorted the track, the other got abandoned because they thought the track had ruts after the rain even though they regraded the track.The riders want everything perfect it seems.In common with GB these days. IMO.

2 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

This season is officially crazy.

It must drive Premier Sports crazy, as they are in the hands of Polish TV company and plays absolute havoc with their scheduling. I bet there isn’t another sport that disrupts and doesn’t stick to a schedule as much as speedway does. This was the single most reason Sky dropped speedway as they were fed up with the constant rain offs and overruns. I really hope Premier stick with it as it’s been great to watch every heat on our televisions this year (when the sodding rain has allowed).

Onto Tuesday we go....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

But we didn’t feel the need to take to social media to boast about our actions. If I make an error in my job, I accept the need for some for of correction but not for the whole world to know.

Firstly, the story came out in the mainstream media, NOT social media. A public announcement that told the paying public what was going on. Treating the public with the respect they deserve.

Secondly, hushing things up, dealing with them "quietly and out of sight" does nothing to inform the public who pay to see the sport about what is going on, and does nothing to inspire confidence about the management of the sport. It only leads to the very uninformed rumours and speculation in social media that you seem to be so against in the first place. Now if you want to carry on scoring own-goals by hiding away behind closed doors, then carry on. See where it's gotten you so far.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, topsoil said:

Covers are compulsory as from 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Firstly, the story came out in the mainstream media, NOT social media. A public announcement that told the paying public what was going on. Treating the public with the respect they deserve.

Secondly, hushing things up, dealing with them "quietly and out of sight" does nothing to inform the public who pay to see the sport about what is going on, and does nothing to inspire confidence about the management of the sport. It only leads to the very uninformed rumours and speculation in social media that you seem to be so against in the first place. Now if you want to carry on scoring own-goals by hiding away behind closed doors, then carry on. See where it's gotten you so far.

Ok. Remove the word “social” from my post - it may have been posted on mainstream media, but I read it on social media. And the method of disciplinary action of the SCB has “gotten” (horrible American word) me a relaxed retirement safe in the knowledge that, when I was a member, it was my opinion that we took whatever action was needed without feeling the need to massage our egos by running to the press every time. 
Referees make mistakes - goodness knows we’ve all seen them - but do they really deserve public humiliation, beyond what they already get?

16 hours ago, racers and royals said:

You really are an idiot most of the time- Polish Speedway do not build sides to a points limit. :mad:

Perhaps they should, Rybnik wouldn't be the whipping boys everywhere they go and we might get to see some closer matches :unsure:

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

it’s not worth turning up if there is a cloud in the sky these days.

I love an hour's sun delay at Leicester :t:

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They don’t seem to, but they won’t ride if it is raining or if the track is wet so there is no point .IMO. Both today’s meeting had a shower of rain 1 was delayed an hour till they sorted the track, the other got abandoned because they thought the track had ruts after the rain even though they regraded the track.The riders want everything perfect it seems.In common with GB these days. IMO.

I don't know what the drainage is like at Leszno but I have only seen one track where that meeting would have had a chance of going ahead and that was Odsal

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

It must drive Premier Sports crazy, as they are in the hands of Polish TV company and plays absolute havoc with their scheduling. I bet there isn’t another sport that disrupts and doesn’t stick to a schedule as much as speedway does. This was the single most reason Sky dropped speedway as they were fed up with the constant rain offs and overruns. I really hope Premier stick with it as it’s been great to watch every heat on our televisions this year (when the sodding rain has allowed).

Onto Tuesday we go....

What else would they put on?

Edited by iainb

6 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Ok. Remove the word “social” from my post - it may have been posted on mainstream media, but I read it on social media. And the method of disciplinary action of the SCB has “gotten” (horrible American word) me a relaxed retirement safe in the knowledge that, when I was a member, it was my opinion that we took whatever action was needed without feeling the need to massage our egos by running to the press every time. 
Referees make mistakes - goodness knows we’ve all seen them - but do they really deserve public humiliation, beyond what they already get?

I think if you're running a sport to the paying public then yes the public do deserve an explanation

• Like 2

Tomorrows line-ups

Fogo Unia Leszno
9. Emil Sajfutdinow
10. Janusz Kołodziej
11. Bartosz Smektała
12. Jaimon Lidsey
13. Piotr Pawlicki
14. Szymon Szlauderbach
15. Dominik Kubera

RM Solar Falubaz Zielona Góra
1. Antonio Lindbaeck
2. Martin Vaculik
3. Michael Jepsen Jensen
4. Piotr Protasiewicz
5. Patryk Dudek
6. Norbert Krakowiak
7. Mateusz Tonder

With 2 round 6 catch up matches this week tomorrow and Thursday here are the dates of the remaining catch up matches

Gorzow v Czestochowa round 4 Monday August 10th 

Gorzow v Wroclaw round 6 Monday August 17th

Czestochowa v Leszno round 7 TBA

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

With 2 round 6 catch up matches this week tomorrow and Thursday here are the dates of the remaining catch up matches

Gorzow v Czestochowa round 4 Monday August 10th 

Gorzow v Wroclaw round 6 Monday August 17th

Czestochowa v Leszno round 7 TBA

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or I've missed something obvious.

The abandoned Gorzow v Czestochowa Rd 4 match is being rerun - but is it correct that the result will stand from the Grudziadz v Gorzow 9-heat Rd 7 match yesterday?

If so, could one of our knowledgable posters help please, and explain the 'rules and regs' that govern why one is being restaged and the other not? Cheers.

5 minutes ago, BarracudaAce said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere or I've missed something obvious.

The abandoned Gorzow v Czestochowa Rd 4 match is being rerun - but is it correct that the result will stand from the Grudziadz v Gorzow 9-heat Rd 7 match yesterday?

If so, could one of our knowledgable posters help please, and explain the 'rules and regs' that govern why one is being restaged and the other not? Cheers.

Indeed i will

1 Polish league results can be decided if track conditions cannot allow the meeting to continue as long as 8 heats have been completed

2 the Extraleague enquiry determined that Gorzow were not at fault for the fire in the switch room and therefore they felt that both teams should have the opportunity of competing again.

Google translation of Extraleague article

An interrupted match of the 4th round of PGE Ekstraliga MY BERMUDY Stal Gorzów - ELTROX Włókniarz Częstochowa The Adjudication Committee of the League has deemed it to be null and will be repeated. PGE Ekstraliga will set a new date for the competition.

KOL, which debated in Bydgoszcz, decided that the match would be repeated.

- Repeating the match will cause that not the activists, but the speedway riders will decide on the points in the PGE Ekstraliga league table - commented Zbigniew Owsiany, Chairman of the League's Adjudication Committee. - It was a very complex matter, which we considered in a season played in special circumstances of a pandemic, but at the same time faced with a human collision with the circumstances of a fire that occurred on the day of the match - Zbigniew Owsiany added.

- According to the regulations, the organizer is responsible on the basis of risk for the failure of the devices. Our motto, however, was to make a decision in line with the spirit of sport, not to hurt any of the parties and at the same time allow the players to settle this match directly on the track in sports rivalry. KOL could not create a precedent with its ruling, which would certainly be the result of the match after the interruption on July 3, at 32:28. Although the fire in the switching station at the stadium in Gorzów was caused by a short circuit in its installation, it is not possible to harm either the organizer or the guest in sports. That is why repetition of the match is a fair and sporting solution - ended Zbigniew Owsiany.

Many comments in the media also related to speculation related to finishing the match from where it was abandoned. KOL ruled out such a solution due to the impossibility of recreating the situation at the time of the interruption of the match. We are talking not only about track conditions, but also personal - related to with the composition of the teams and all match procedures in the speedway sport, which is very different from other disciplines because of the place where the competition is played.

Thank you R & R - much appreciated!!