British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

I take it as though it's still a winner even though kolodziej didn't complete all his programmed rides?

That’s correct. Perfect outcome for me.

The block pass appears to be very much 'de rigueur' in Poland. .

Maybe 'Hold the Line' should be the song played before the race to remind the riders?:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Emil is riding superbly this season,must have chance for WorldChamps this season.

Emil,Smarzlik and Vaculik look the best 3 so far this season.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dull start, dull middle, and dull end. Crap meeting. 

Cant understand for the life of me why you continue watching Polish Speedway.

All you ever do is come on hear moan moan moan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Emil is riding superbly this season,must have chance for WorldChamps this season.

Emil,Smarzlik and Vaculik look the best 3 so far this season.

No Laguta ??

• Like 1

We move on to round 10 on Friday and Sunday with the Polish Extraleague riders championship sandwiched  in between them  on Saturday( see separate thread)

Friday August 14th Gorzow v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1 (5pm)

Friday August 14th Lublin v leszno programme start time 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm  Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1 (7.30pm)

Sunday August 16th Grudziadz v Zielona Gora programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm  N sport and Premier Sport 1 (3.30pm)

Sunday August 16th Wroclaw v Czestochowa  programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N sport and Premier sport 2 (6.15pm)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sommelier said:

No Laguta ??

Artem can throw in the odd crap race when the going gets tough IMo.Riding well though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dull start, dull middle, and dull end. Crap meeting. 

Change the Channel.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

We move on to round 10 on Friday and Sunday with the Polish Extraleague riders championship sandwiched  in between them  on Saturday( see separate thread)

Friday August 14th Gorzow v Rybnik programme start time 4.30pm 1st race  5pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1 (5pm)

Friday August 14th Lublin v leszno programme start time 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm  Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1 (7.30pm)

Sunday August 16th Grudziadz v Zielona Gora programme start time 3pm 1st race  3.30pm  N sport and Premier Sport 1 (3.30pm)

Sunday August 16th Wroclaw v Czestochowa  programme start time 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N sport and Premier sport 2 (6.15pm)

Both live Sunday matches on Premier have now gone from my EPG listings. Looks like delayed coverage only. 

12 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Both live Sunday matches on Premier have now gone from my EPG listings. Looks like delayed coverage only. 

Yes it looks like 1st showings are

Wroclaw v Czestochowa Premier Sport 2 at 11pm

Grudziadz v Zielona Gora Premier Sport 2 at 10am Monday morning.

13 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Something about this Czestochowa side that's just not right. Whether it's team chemistry I don't know but every meeting they seem to have one or two passengers.

12 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

It's 100% Team Chemistry that's the problem with this side.

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I i was Janusz Kolodziej i would not be happy- 14 points up away from home and taken out of a ride. Although he has not scored big points he has given it a right go !!!

I'm new to full time Polish Speedway this year and what has surprised me so much is that for a Sport that is so geared up to team work in Poland with the way they run it, with all the club staff, the team colours, the team merchandise, the team socials, the team practice etc. that all of that team work appears to be left at the pit gate in the majority of cases. Admittedly I only see what is fed to me on the TV coverage but I can't really see any team spirit in any of the teams with everybody concentrating on doing their own thing. Maybe that's what the riders have been told to do, maybe I have got it wrong. Are the riders under so much pressure to perform they've got to concentrate on themselves. Who knows, maybe Kolodziej asked to be taken out but if not I don't think he would have been taken out in any other league in the world. I thought similar in other matches where the scoreline has not been in doubt that why aren't they giving their No 8's a ride

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm new to full time Polish Speedway this year and what has surprised me so much is that for a Sport that is so geared up to team work in Poland with the way they run it, with all the club staff, the team colours, the team merchandise, the team socials, the team practice etc. that all of that team work appears to be left at the pit gate in the majority of cases. Admittedly I only see what is fed to me on the TV coverage but I can't really see any team spirit in any of the teams with everybody concentrating on doing their own thing. Maybe that's what the riders have been told to do, maybe I have got it wrong. Are the riders under so much pressure to perform they've got to concentrate on themselves. Who knows, maybe Kolodziej asked to be taken out but if not I don't think he would have been taken out in any other league in the world. I thought similar in other matches where the scoreline has not been in doubt that why aren't they giving their No 8's a ride

I saw no rhyme or reason to leave Kolodziej out of that ride after all Kubera could and did have another ride in the nominated heats. As for the no 8’s most of them are Polish kids coming along just in case they are needed- not really surprised when they don’t ride. They get junior league matches to test themselves against the u21’s in the team.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

As for the no 8’s most of them are Polish kids coming along just in case they are needed- not really surprised when they don’t ride. They get junior league matches to test themselves against the u21’s in the team.

Pointless having them really then unless like this country when running ZZ

Just now, iainb said:

Pointless having them really then unless like this country when running ZZ

Not really because if they are Polish U21 they can replace the 6 and 7 in case of injury.