British Speedway Forum

This season has to be one of the worst for the Polish league on record. Other than the occassional scuffle in a heat it’s flavoured utter bland. Another terrible meeting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pawel115 said:

Czestochowa match was postponed it was just announced on TV.

Looking at that dry track I presume they have phoned Noah and told him to not bother bringing his Ark to take the riders home. ..?

Another night off for Dave no doubt cancelled again too...:D

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not really.

Ok thanks, I'll come back tomorrow for some more..

Found this on sportowefakty ....

From Monday, it was not me who prepared the track, but the track master and the president, who boasted a lot of work in social media. I regret what happened because

Włókniarz is my club with which I have been associated since I was 16. I want to scream because now I may have to work abroad again or quit my coach job at all. I gave my notice of termination on Friday at 8am because I couldn't take responsibility for the track that I wasn't preparing. It was a deliberate decision and some people already knew about it on Thursday. It hurts me that through Włókniarz we have witnessed the anti-advertising of speedway - said Włókniarz's coach, Marek Cieślak, after the match. Copy it because the moderator will probably remove it soon
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Terry said:

Great race between Nicki and Emil. Hard but fair racing.

By the sound of the crowd, it sounded as if there were some "afters", shame we didn't see it as the camera was focused on the winner who was looking back at what may/or may not have been going on

58 minutes ago, iainb said:

By the sound of the crowd, it sounded as if there were some "afters", shame we didn't see it as the camera was focused on the winner who was looking back at what may/or may not have been going on

Yeah I noticed that Lidsey was having a good look behind him, but they do that in most sports now. You may get some nutter running on to the pitch during a football match and they point the camera into the crowd, with the commentator saying, "we don't want to see that," and I'm thinking "yes we do!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Czestochowa have had their licence suspended- there is a high level meeting on Tuesday. They could be in big trouble !!

The bit I don’t get is why did they do it ?? They were at full strength and without jack holder gorzow were weaker, so why ??

13 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

The bit I don’t get is why did they do it ?? They were at full strength and without jack holder gorzow were weaker, so why ??

Maybe the riders wanted a deep grippy track- not what they were getting, so if they said that the track had been completed flooded in midweek they had an answer for producing a track that suited the riders. 

It seems that all is not well on the Polish speedway front and after many years of hearing how good it is, with the exception of one or two races and riders, it is pretty bland and possibly a missed opportunity to showcase the sport and themselves to the world which thus far has be relatively deprived of good racing with so many countries unable to hold professional meetings. Maybe speedway UK should focus on its own product for next year, race on days that suit the tracks and build teams around riders who commit to British speedway first and foremost. If the standard falls so be it but it can be rebuilt if you give the riders a chance to race week in week out in the UK. It cannot be any worse than what is currently on offer.

• Like 3