British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Sounds like he’s had a chat with Bomber Harris on how to handle media interviews:rolleyes: 

His bikes going in the right direction is the only bright spot for him atm 

Great ht 12.    Pedersen still worth watching

Edited by Mark

23 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Saw the interview with MJJ yesterday and he said he had his bikes going in the right direction and it was something to work with,   It’s 3/4 of way through season and he not scoring points :blink:

He scored 1 point and loooked to be riding in treacle.    Remaining positive sounds good but he was miles off the pace.

Heat 12 the only heat of note. Zmarzlik failed to gate and couldn’t get past mobile chicane Bjerre. 

I moan because it’s crap. No one should just accept racing like this as acceptable. Rubbish entertainment. I watch because I am a speedway fan and want the racing to be good.

• Like 2

Whoever the 4th grudiadz rider is in nominated races surely has to be the lowest scoring pick ever 

Why did they get rid of the points limit in Poland?

It seems counter-productive for entertainment.  

Poland desperately needs a points limit and salary cap. 

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

6 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Why did they get rid of the points limit in Poland?

It seems counter-productive for entertainment.  

Poland desperately needs a points limit and salary cap. 

Except for rybnik it wouldn’t make a difference, I said this last week Czestochowa have a far stronger team on paper than leszno yet leszno dominate and Częstochowa don’t 

We move on to round 12 next Sunday and Monday

Sunday  August 30th  Gorzow v Zielona Gora  start time 3.30pm  N Sport and Premier Sport 2 delayed at 9pm

Sunday August 30th Grudziadz v Wroclaw start time 6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2 delayed at 11pm

Monday August 31st Leszno v Rybnik start time 5pm Eleven Sports 1 and Premier Sports 1( 5pm)

Monday August 31st Lublin v Czestochowa start time 7.30pm Eleven Sports 1 and Premier Sports 1( 7.30pm)

• Thanks 1

We could all do with a top class two day meeting at Wroclaw with some passing and close racing to make up for some poor league meetings.     Weather not looking great for Saturday but that can change.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat 12 the only heat of note. Zmarzlik failed to gate and couldn’t get past mobile chicane Bjerre. 

I moan because it’s crap. No one should just accept racing like this as acceptable. Rubbish entertainment. I watch because I am a speedway fan and want the racing to be good.

And we keep getting told by all and sundry that it's the best league in the world, it maybe the strongest league in the world in terms of competitors but from what I have seen this season it is by no means the best. Rybnik for one wouldn't have been allowed to participate in a "best league in the world", the tracks have been poorly prepared, often with watering required after the first heat, slick with little dirt, the heat format is all over the place, there's no sign of any team riding... yet the fans lap it up, personally I just can't understand it.

I will continue to watch it though as there's nothing else for me to watch, If I'd had Speedway to attend in this country I would have cancelled my subscription after the first couple of months

• Like 1