British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So no Drabik again?? What has happened?

Reading between the lines- it could be  he`s not in a good frame of mind at the present to be racing Speedway

Edited by racers and royals

19 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Chasing the largest audience is scarcely amateurism, sadly. 

What are the audience numbers?

Why no Chris Holder for Wroclaw on Sunday?

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

He will ride ( as will Jack) - they are not allowed to name a " guest rider" in the preliminary line-ups

Thought the Guest rule in UK was bad.

It's a shambles when none of your riders are injured but you can strengthen up your team by using guest's (hope Berwick use Danny at home next season and a guest away as that will strengthen Berwick up).  It's also to easy to use any rider you want (in midweek Wroclaw had 2 British, Polish and Australian riders and 1 Russian rider in their team no matter how you dress it up).

Leszno turned up half-arsed at Zielona Gora a few weeks ago, I think the home-side are going to be in for a shock when the play-off Leszno visit.

My predictions are below

Zielona Gora 43-47 Leszno

Wroclaw 48-42 Gorzow

18 hours ago, iainb said:

What are the audience numbers?

For some reason the BARB website doesn't seem to have Premier Sports 2 included in the channel listings for data, and I'm not sure which of their channels live Polish speedway has been on, but the last time (what I assume was) live Polish speedway made it into the top 15 of Premier Sports 1 was was on the week beginning 3rd of August....The Friday meetings both made the top 15, with the 17:00 meeting getting 500 viewers and the 19:30 getting 3,100 viewers.

I kinda hope that other live meetings have been on Premier Sports 2....Because, if they have been on Permier Sports 1 and not made the top 15, it's a pretty sad indictment on the popularity of the sport, as the top 15 in the week generally bottom out in the low hundreds of viewers.

In the most recent week published (31 Aug to 6 Sep) Polish speedway on Monday at 19:30 and Swedish Speedway on Thursday at 21:00 both made it into the top 15 with 100 viewers :unsure:
Actually...now I think about it...Was that 19:30 Polish match actually a Live one? I kinda dismissed a Monday as a day that Poland didn't race, but that day actually had meetings....Jeez...100 viewers for a live meeting :blink:

Freesports has some better numbers for Swedish speedway...although not exactly stellar numbers. 18,700 is the best I saw in the last month.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

For some reason the BARB website doesn't seem to have Premier Sports 2 included in the channel listings for data, and I'm not sure which of their channels live Polish speedway has been on, but the last time (what I assume was) live Polish speedway made it into the top 15 of Premier Sports 1 was was on the week beginning 3rd of August....The Friday meetings both made the top 15, with the 17:00 meeting getting 500 viewers and the 19:30 getting 3,100 viewers.

I kinda hope that other live meetings have been on Premier Sports 2....Because, if they have been on Permier Sports 1 and not made the top 15, it's a pretty sad indictment on the popularity of the sport, as the top 15 in the week generally bottom out in the low hundreds of viewers.

In the most recent week published (31 Aug to 6 Sep) Polish speedway on Monday at 19:30 and Swedish Speedway on Thursday at 21:00 both made it into the top 15 with 100 viewers :unsure:
Actually...now I think about it...Was that 19:30 Polish match actually a Live one? I kinda dismissed a Monday as a day that Poland didn't race, but that day actually had meetings....Jeez...100 viewers for a live meeting :blink:

Freesports has some better numbers for Swedish speedway...although not exactly stellar numbers. 18,700 is the best I saw in the last month.

I think the Monday meeting was live, those numbers do seem very low! Do you know how that compares to the footy they show?

Trust me the viewer numbers are a lot higher than the ones being indicated by BARB just on Sky some meetings have been getting 15-18,000 alone 

• Like 1

If it`s anything like previous years it hots up from tomorrow !!!

Sunday September 20th Extraleague PO Semi 1st leg Zielona Gora v Leszno start time  3.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 2  delayed at 10pm

Sunday September 20th Extraleague PO semi 1st leg Wroclaw v Gorzow start time 6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2 delayed at midnight
Links
Zielona Gora v Leszno

Wroclaw v Gorzow
Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Think leszno will beat zielona gora and gorzow will pip Wroclaw. Smarzlik s on fire and pulls the rest of the team along . During the season I think the two most important influential changes have been j holder and j lidsney , the ve  both come in and had good meetings . It will be interesting to see if can handle the pressure in the semi s and final 

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Looks as if Premier Sports have taken the complaints seriously and have moved today`s matches forwards to 10pm and midnight. :)

It amazes me as they shown some earlier matches live on box nation earlier in the year, why they wouldn’t do that again as a last resort. The mind boggles. 

Shown speedway all season then drop the play off meetings to 10pm. Poor decision from Premier Sports