British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Enjoyed meeting from heat 5 (started watching after work).

Only spoiled by having a guest (thought guests were only for covid not to strengthen the team up) and tac subs in a 2 legged match (always thought it unfair as 1 team could use tac subs in both matches).

Was glad UK got rid of tactical's in 2 leg matches (even though it cost Newcastle the league).

Does the top 2 scorers not have to go in heat 15 (didn't pay much attention but was told in commentary that Holder was unbeaten after heat 1 and Thomson had been 5-1'd in his first 2 heats so Jack must have scored more points)?

Thompson also had a tac sub ride.

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Enjoyed meeting from heat 5 (started watching after work).

Only spoiled by having a guest (thought guests were only for covid not to strengthen the team up) and tac subs in a 2 legged match (always thought it unfair as 1 team could use tac subs in both matches).

Was glad UK got rid of tactical's in 2 leg matches (even though it cost Newcastle the league).

Does the top 2 scorers not have to go in heat 15 (didn't pay much attention but was told in commentary that Holder was unbeaten after heat 1 and Thomson had been 5-1'd in his first 2 heats so Jack must have scored more points)?

Jack Holder had 7+2 from his 4 rides and Anders Thomsen had 8 from 4 rides going into the nominated heats

After the disappointing meeting from ZG, this was a meeting full of drama and great heats. Gorzów's track has been slated a good few times this season but it was pretty damn good last night. Some wonderful performances from Kołodziej, Woźniak, Holder, Thomsen and Zmarzlik. 

The scenes of celebration were also great to see. When the underdog comes back it's always entertaining. 

Yes, it'll be an easy overall win for Leszno tomorrow no doubt, but fair play to Gorzów, and their fans, for making the 1st leg a pretty outstanding meeting under the circumstances. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

After the disappointing meeting from ZG, this was a meeting full of drama and great heats. Gorzów's track has been slated a good few times this season but it was pretty damn good last night. Some wonderful performances from Kołodziej, Woźniak, Holder, Thomsen and Zmarzlik. 

The scenes of celebration were also great to see. When the underdog comes back it's always entertaining. 

Yes, it'll be an easy overall win for Leszno tomorrow no doubt, but fair play to Gorzów, and their fans, for making the 1st leg a pretty outstanding meeting under the circumstances. 

Im not sure why people are often so critical of the Gorzow track. Time after time it produces fantastic racing and is always one of my favourites to watch on the tele as it rarely disappoints. The atmosphere in the stadium is always absolutely bouncing too

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Zmarzlik is the complete rider now,has superb bike skills now not as wild as a couple of seasons ago,and he is FAST.Fair play to Kolodziez great win.

For me he takes too many chances too early in races and I think it'll only be a matter of time before it catches up with him, he makes some very desperate moves very early in races, compare him to Tai who will let a race play out only making a desperate move, if needed, on the last bend. I think Bartek has been quite lucky so far to not have a "big" injury a season ender and it'll be interesting to see how he comes back from one when he inevitably does

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

For me he takes too many chances too early in races and I think it'll only be a matter of time before it catches up with him, he makes some very desperate moves very early in races, compare him to Tai who will let a race play out only making a desperate move, if needed, on the last bend. I think Bartek has been quite lucky so far to not have a "big" injury a season ender and it'll be interesting to see how he comes back from one when he inevitably does

That is the the reason Bartek is double World Champion though,you don’t win by pussy footing about.Tai won’t win another Championship riding conservatively.As for injury it could happen to any rider at any time it’s part and parcel of the sport.I don’t think Bartek has been quite lucky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That is the the reason Bartek is double World Champion though,you don’t win by pussy footing about.Tai won’t win another Championship riding conservatively.As for injury it could happen to any rider at any time it’s part and parcel of the sport.I don’t think Bartek has been quite lucky.

Totally agree and I love watching him and long may it continue. Totally agree that it could happen to any rider at anytime but I also think that the way a rider rides will also add to the chances of injury. I think Tai has been quite unlucky for example with injuries as he's not a "wild" rider he's more of a Greg Hancock type, who had a very long career without any real "big" injury. It's just that when a rider does have a big injury it can affect them, look at Chris Holder, he was quite a spectacular rider before his injury and has never been the same since.

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Totally agree and I love watching him and long may it continue. Totally agree that it could happen to any rider at anytime but I also think that the way a rider rides will also add to the chances of injury. I think Tai has been quite unlucky for example with injuries as he's not a "wild" rider he's more of a Greg Hancock type, who had a very long career without any real "big" injury. It's just that when a rider does have a big injury it can affect them, look at Chris Holder, he was quite a spectacular rider before his injury and has never been the same since.

Bartek has been around while and doesn’t crash much considering the way you think he rides.Its very hard to be safe rider in Speedway so much depends on other riders.Crump,Doyle,Pedersen all had serious injuries that just the nature of the sport.Im sure the riders don’t give it a thought or they are in the wrong sport.Look at Adams and Gollob  rode the sport for 20 years and both seriously injured “playing about” after they finished.Air fences have reduced the injury risk somewhat,Tai at the weekend being a perfect example.Hate to think of what his injury would have been before they came along.We just have to enjoy what we are watching and wish the riders well.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thanks for the info.:cheers:

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

Jack Holder had 7+2 from his 4 rides and Anders Thomsen had 8 from 4 rides going into the nominated heats

Thought bonus points would count towards your score like the UK.  Thanks for the info.:cheers:

Decent meeting but ultimately the two points lead for Stal Gorzow will be no where near enough to defend in the second leg tomorrow. 

Surely even the most ardent of Gorzow fans must realise that Kasprzak must be nowhere near their team for next season.

29 minutes ago, screm said:

Decent meeting but ultimately the two points lead for Stal Gorzow will be no where near enough to defend in the second leg tomorrow. 

Surely even the most ardent of Gorzow fans must realise that Kasprzak must be nowhere near their team for next season.

Saving himself for the GP's. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, screm said:

Kasprzak rumoured to be going to Grudiadz. Gorzow already confirmed Wozniak, where it seemed to be a case of one or the other.

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

Thanks for the info.:cheers:

Thought bonus points would count towards your score like the UK.  Thanks for the info.:cheers:

Don’t want to be a stickler for information, but Thomsen didn’t take a tac sub. Kasprzak was replaced twice, once by Zmarzlik and once by Wozniak :t:

• Thanks 1

It started slowly, and I thought it was going to be all over by the half way point, how wrong can you be! A cracking meeting with some super racing and a last heat decider, one of the most enjoyable meetings I've watched this year.