British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

I’m on the correct channel - see the photo below at the bottom, it even says what’s on is the Ekstraliga but the actual picture is German Football!!!!!! No idea what on earth is going on 

95CC5078-6A3F-4252-8C5A-3A6279EBD8AC.jpeg

The picture is frozen which means the channel isn't working right. Its a problem with the IPTV service

1 minute ago, Mark said:

I would like to see him do very well but as I said last week he isn't quick enough at the moment.  Beating up lower grade riders around BV is fine but in his second ride today he met Janowski, Zafar and Laguta.    He was timid in the corners which in Poland sees you out the team very quick.   

Agree with it all apart from speed. Imo he is quick enough.

Hes always been timid. Tai called it not long ago on BT. He’s soft. Naturally the crash will have played a part but it was happening previous.

If he can grow his bollox and get amongst it in the first bend he will score points. He actually trapped well in his first two races but backed off and doesn’t have brain to make those first bend decisions. 

Last race was better and you can see he is actually quick enough, which has always been the brits issue on the continent.

Just now, Cerro said:

The picture is frozen which means the channel isn't working right. Its a problem with the IPTV service

It’s a screen shot not a video?

2 minutes ago, acef said:

It’s a screen shot not a video?

Its the same still in every picture he's took. Unless he's using the same pic over and over

3 minutes ago, acef said:

Agree with it all apart from speed. Imo he is quick enough.

Hes always been timid. Tai called it not long ago on BT. He’s soft. Naturally the crash will have played a part but it was happening previous.

If he can grow his bollox and get amongst it in the first bend he will score points. He actually trapped well in his first two races but backed off and doesn’t have brain to make those first bend decisions. 

Last race was better and you can see he is actually quick enough, which has always been the brits issue on the continent.

Trouble being you don’t get 1/2 season to get going ,you get Half a meeting.

2 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Its the same still in every picture he's took. Unless he's using the same pic over and over

Yes I would suspect that is the case 

2 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Yeah it was the same picture cos someone earlier kept saying I was on the wrong channel so I was pointing out I was on the correct channel cos it says so on the picture!!!!

Bizarre. Watching SON Final from 2018 now on N Sport with no problem so god knows what’s going on with Eleven Sport????? 

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They are working on the track- but it looks very wet !!

Częstochowa will get 52.  What stream is it on?

Edited by Col

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Trouble being you don’t get 1/2 season to get going ,you get Half a meeting.

I think he will get a few more meetings yet. The expectation today, even from the Poles, would have been zero. 

If he doesn’t improve in the next meeting then his 3rd could well be do or die. And when I say improve, I think 3/4 points will buy him time.

3 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Yeah it was the same picture cos someone earlier kept saying I was on the wrong channel so I was pointing out I was on the correct channel cos it says so on the picture!!!!

Bizarre. Watching SON Final from 2018 now on N Sport with no problem so god knows what’s going on with Eleven Sport????? 

It is bizarre because that match was on Saturday- what is on it at the moment ?

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Anyone watching via IPTV??

Paid for it to watch through my Smart tv and channels been working fine last few days but on Eleven Sports and it’s stuck on some crappy German Football game??

good job I got Premier TV as a back up!!! 

I had that earlier but luckily premier sports is on my IPTV service

• Like 1

Just now, racers and royals said:

It is bizarre because that match was on Saturday- what is on it at the moment ?

It’s not bizarre.

I have the same IPTV service. The stream he is showing is not Polish, it’s German I think. 

Ive just emailed him to sort it out.

13 minutes ago, M.D said:

are you a Belle Vue fan that has seen a lot of him? Do you rate him?

I think his gating is a real concern and is something that will need to improve a long way for him to compete with the very best. ..

As can be seen tonight, you can't give riders of the highest standard in the world so much of a head start and expect to win..

In the UK, at the NSS, he can be yards down at the first turn and use his size and speed to get the momentum to chase them down, at other tracks he can struggle to do the same...

Overall,  I don't think he will reach the level of Max Fricke for example who I really believe will develop into a genuine World Class rider, however putting himself out of his comfort zone of British Speedway will no doubt by the end of the Polish season, tell us more of the level he is really at..

For me, this season will be sink or swim for Dan as there are so many riders around his age pushing for the same opportunities and rewards, not to mention the likes of those a few years older who are already World and European Champs, and they wont be going anywhere soon..

If he comes through it then it will make a huge stride forward for his career, if he doesn't then he may just end up being a 'solid, decent rider' in that second or third level of standard, which, particularly after his very bad injury not too long ago, would still be a fair achievement...