British Speedway Forum

Wet track and a team consisting of Bjerre, Nicki and Artem. All sharp gaters.

I fancy the away win.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

He does remind me a bit of Craig Cook when riders of the highest level come underneath him entering a turn or when riders are outside of him, but slightly ahead of him entering a bend. .

They both seem to 'blink first', and let their opponents dictate proceedings..

Maybe it's a lack of confidence in themselves at that level?

Woffy showed with Jamrog how to ride hard under a rider at speed, leaving Jamrog to either leave his leg there (and take impact) or move it..

A calculated risk of disqualification but these are the risks top level competitors take to be winners..

And as Speedway shows quite brutally at times, you have to be 100% committed to any manoeuvre as you often won't get another chance in a race..

I have no explanation. It’s like a virus. It just plagues British riders on the continent. It’s weird because we don’t have this issue across other motorsports.

Poland/Sweden/Denmark just produce top quality kids who seem to compete as soon as they are put in a situation where they have to. It’s a natural ability to just crack on which we don’t seem to have.

Rob Lambert is the closest but still not good enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

He does remind me a bit of Craig Cook when riders of the highest level come underneath him entering a turn or when riders are outside of him, but slightly ahead of him entering a bend. .

They both seem to 'blink first', and let their opponents dictate proceedings..

Maybe it's a lack of confidence in themselves at that level?

Woffy showed with Jamrog how to ride hard under a rider at speed, leaving Jamrog to either leave his leg there (and take impact) or move it..

A calculated risk of disqualification but these are the risks top level competitors take to be winners..

And as Speedway shows quite brutally at times, you have to be 100% committed to any manoeuvre as you often won't get another chance in a race..

Agree with the blink first comment ,and it shows up more at top level.Cook was the same when the going got tough.The skills required to manoeuvre the bike in tight situations ,only the very Top men have them.Cook is fast but he is very rigid in style ,whereas Woofy , Smarzlik  And the top men have superb handling skills.

Edited by Fromafar

3 minutes ago, acef said:

I have no explanation. It’s like a virus. It just plagues British riders on the continent. It’s weird because we don’t have this issue across other motorsports.

Poland/Sweden/Denmark just produce top quality kids who seem to compete as soon as they are put in a situation where they have to. It’s a natural ability to just crack on which we don’t seem to have.

Rob Lambert is the closest but still not good enough.

British riders are to happy with their comfort zone of riding two or three nights a week for a Premiership and Championship club, and making a very tidy living in doing so. Look how many British riders ride on a regular bases in the top leagues in Sweden and Poland, if you aren`t riding regularly at that level you cannot compete in the big meetings, SGP, SoN etc.

• Like 2

What’s happening with the second match? It’s not on premier sports currently?

Pardon the question, but if Bewley doesn't have what it takes to compete in Polish speedway and he 'needs to grow a pair' (and I did read Tai saying that), which it seems to be implied that he is not capable of growing a pair.

Why then did the Poles, who must be aware of his pedigree, sign him in the first place??

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

What’s happening with the second match? It’s not on premier sports currently?

Track inspection in 7 minutes.

Not on Premier Sports?   Oh dear, hope you took their free offer, didn't pay too much!

The other unofficial streams are working fine.......

Mind you, all they're showing is a very wet track, and riders standing around.      

Edited by crescent girl

Thought masks should be worn over the nose aswell as mouth.... Seems as though Poland do it different.  People in pits moving the masks down to talk and doesnt seem to be any social distancing.... :blink:

1 minute ago, screm said:

British riders are to happy with their comfort zone of riding two or three nights a week for a Premiership and Championship club, and making a very tidy living in doing so. Look how many British riders ride on a regular bases in the top leagues in Sweden and Poland, if you aren`t riding regularly at that level you cannot compete in the big meetings, SGP, SoN etc.

Understand that. 

My point is that the young riders coming out of Poland/Denmark/Sweden and to a lesser extent, Australia, just seem to step on a speedway bike, turn up in Polska and instantly start scoring points. There are some that don’t, but the entry level ability is so much higher than ours and I find that very hard to compute. We don’t have this issue in other dirt or motorsport.

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Not on Premier Sports?   Oh dear, the other streams are working fine!

Mind you, all they're showing is a very wet track, and riders standing around.      

If the meeting starts Premier Sport will show ,they tend to fill in with sporting clips rather than looking at track prep.

Track prep currently taking place in Poland.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Pardon the question, but if Bewley doesn't have what it takes to compete in Polish speedway and he 'needs to grow a pair' (and I did read Tai saying that), which it seems to be implied that he is not capable of growing a pair.

Why then did the Poles, who must be aware of his pedigree, sign him in the first place??

It’s called making a mistake. They just don’t know it yet ;-)

Edited by acef

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

If the meeting starts Premier Sport will show ,they tend to fill in with sporting clips rather than looking at track prep.

Makes sense - I’ll stay tuned for now.