British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The Poles getting tough on riders leaving the country- official statement Google translated.

3. We list foreign leagues in which the competitor's start causes the obligation to surrender - to his own
cost - COVID19 test by genetic method, PCR technique, together with the accompanying pit crew.
not earlier than on the fifth day after the competition day and not later than on the eighth day after the competition day:
• the Swedish league
• Danish league

They're playing the long game - making sure riders they employ only race for Polish clubs, and, I suspect; breaking the allocated international race night policy so they can run whenever they want. They're abusing the current crisis to flex their muscles and I fear the Swedes are about to see just how far they will go. 

This isn't about 2020. It's not about 2021. I suspect it's for the much longer-term. Money talks.

5 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

They're playing the long game - making sure riders they employ only race for Polish clubs, and, I suspect; breaking the allocated international race night policy so they can run whenever they want. They're abusing the current crisis to flex their muscles and I fear the Swedes are about to see just how far they will go. 

This isn't about 2020. It's not about 2021. I suspect it's for the much longer-term. Money talks.

Maybe I am being naïve but I'm not convinced that this is the current aim.

The Polish league schedule has been massively compressed by the current global situation and any positive tests put a huge burden on that schedule, or lead to teams running without key riders. 

If you were in charge of Polish speedway right now, would you do anything different from what they are doing?

It might be a controversial opinion, but I honestly think that Swedish speedway would be better off in the long term if they weren't reliant on so many riders that also race in the Ekstraliga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryW said:

Maybe I am being naïve but I'm not convinced that this is the current aim.

The Polish league schedule has been massively compressed by the current global situation and any positive tests put a huge burden on that schedule, or lead to teams running without key riders. 

If you were in charge of Polish speedway right now, would you do anything different from what they are doing?

It might be a controversial opinion, but I honestly think that Swedish speedway would be better off in the long term if they weren't reliant on so many riders that also race in the Ekstraliga.

I actually believe that in the long term neither Britain or Sweden will be able to justify using riders who have contracts in Poland. 

You are not being naive but you are missing one key point. Poland have already suggested that it will be a condition of future contracts that the rider will only be allowed to ride in the Polish leagues, apart from international events.

Yes the Poles are running a tight season and can do without unneccessary risk. However we have already seen them add Fridays to the Extraliga schedule with League One mainly taking Saturdays, a day worryingly referred to in a recent interview as "formerly" being reserved for international events. NSport then announced the running ofestablished  non-league events such as riders' championships,  pairs and Golden, Silver and Bronze Helmet events on Monday nights, thus producing a schedule of up to nine televised meetings from Friday to Monday,with two being televised by Eleven Sports rather than NSport. When the four GP weekends occur the Ekstraliga will run on the Sunday and Monday. 

Okay, this COULD be just for the remarkable circumstances of 2020. However there are no guarantees thaty this will indeed be the case and Poland seizing Fridays to Mondays long-term.

I read a large number of articles o  Sportowe Fakty's website and while that site is rather sensational and you have to rely on Google Ytanslate you get a clear feeling that Poland's economic power could well be wielded long term so they get what they need with Britain, Sweden and Denmark herded into Tuesdays to Thursdays. 

There is no direct evidence yet but it doesn't take a huge leap of  imagination to see it happening.

We shouldn't be paranoid but it would be wise to recognise the potential problem.and prepare accordingly. The first step would be to plan for the possible need to run without riders holding Polish contracts and to reshape the international priority day system that currently limits our Premiership to Mondays and Thursdays to, in good time look at regaining lucrative Fridays and Saturdays, subject to an acceptable compromise with the Championship with a view to ending doubling-up thus allowing both leagues to run on the same night, thus avoiding

the farce of teams having to change leagues at great risk just to retain their race nights.

Okay, that calls for extra riders. With the UK exiting the EU sureky now is the time to lobby the government to remove many of the obstacles that currently restict the number of Australians riding here. It won't be an immediate, complete solution but it would be a significant start.

An Aussie committed to a season in Britain is far more effective than another rider whose focus is on Poland and will be missing frequently. 

Times have changed. Time for British Speedway to change. The possibility of being dictated to by the needs of Poland could be even more ruinous than our current position. 

It could be the same in Sweden. Let's see how many squad members with Polish contracts actually get to ride in their league which starts in two days with an ominous silence on team line-ups when I last researched it on Friday. 

The money in Poland and needs of saturation TV must not be allowed to further damage the sport outside Poland.

As a tailpiece, with the exception of meetings in Daugavpils Polish s[peedway fans can expect TV coverage of all league matches n all three divisions, with up to ten matches per weekend, plus regular Monday programming, leaving aside BSI events. That's saturation and might be a less beneficial long-term than you might think. If they take a hit it's sure to rebound on the other major speedway nations. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:20 AM, racers and royals said:

We move on to Sunday the 9th

Sunday August 9th Gorzow v Lublin programme starts 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N sport and Premier Sport 1 (3.30pm)

Sunday August 9th Wroclaw v Leszno programme starts 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport 1 (6.15pm)

Links

http://spedway.ucoz.lv/

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html

http://www.maniak.tv/mk7

https://daddylive.live/embed/stream-75.php

Racecard Gorzow v Lublin pages 14 and 15  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b4acfe7e-30b4-4e37-ad13-9135513dce2e#pageNum=1

Brought to the top

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Torun in a division lower, have a stronger team than Rybnik.

On 8/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, Rapidroscoe said:

Typical Poole quote with I think 4 ex Poole riders 

Hmm... Torun and Poole both relegated ;)

Teams confirmed in Gorzow

Gorzow v Lublin

Gorzow

9  Jack Holder

10 Zmarzlik

11 NKI

12 Kasprzak

13 Thomsen

14 Jasinski

15 Karczmarez

16 Pytlewski

Lublin

1 Jamrog

2 G Laguta

3 Zagar

4 hampel

5 Michelsen

6 lampart

7 Trofymov

8 Bober

Sun is out, The door is open and it's time to watch some Speedway from the best League in the World.

Two very close meetings today imo. Hopefully the tracks are prepared well.

My predictions for today are Gorzow 47-43 Lublin & Wroclaw 47-43 Leszno. 

How about you?

Zagar for me.

1 minute ago, screm said:

NKI to go for me.

Good call by the ref excluding NKI thaught he may go the other way

Never a doubt Iversen excluded. Nasty high speed crash though.