British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Living off his reputation.

He's gone backwards massively. He was actually a better rider when be was 21/22.

The sliver lining for the forum though is that the loon who used to come on here banging on about him no longer does so..

Seemed to stop posting on here altogether... 

Wonder what happened to them?..:rolleyes:;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I like this commentator. Knowledgeable and a good voice. Who is it?

Indeed - and doesn't need to reel off those interminable tweets from all his bloody mates!

One of those nights for Pepe..

Looked as fast as anyone, been in every race to the flag and only got 6 to show for his efforts..

1 minute ago, KingoftheTrack said:

This meeting was over after 5 Heats.

ZG was lucky to be only 2 down after 4 Heats.

They need to snap up Kulakov and fast. 

Tungate is better.

32 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Wouldn't be surprised if ZG go find a guest. MJJ and Lindbaeck won't need a lot of replacing.

Klindt.

Because of the Gorzow GP we have a round 14 match brought forward to tomorrow.

Monday August 24th Gorzow v Grudziadz start time 7.30pm Eleven Sport 1 and Premier Sport 1( 7.30pm)

Links

http://freestreams-live1.com/eleven-sports-1-poland/

https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-71.php 

http://www.maniak.tv/mk1

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html   and http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-4.html

Edited by racers and royals

25 minutes ago, mikebv said:

One of those nights for Pepe..

Looked as fast as anyone, been in every race to the flag and only got 6 to show for his efforts..

At least he gives 100% ,unlike a couple of his Teammates.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shockster said:

He's at Gorzow 

Thought it was only for one meeting.

49 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The sliver lining for the forum though is that the loon who used to come on here banging on about him no longer does so..

Seemed to stop posting on here altogether... 

Wonder what happened to them?..:rolleyes:;)

Maybe he was so embarrassed he changed his login name(again);):Do

Did you all miss me? :P Thankyou to Alex for being a "tactical substitute" yesterday while I was busy with car racing commitments, I will be back on the air tonight. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry said:

Is age finally catching up with Pepe?

I'm confident that it hasn't.

The old man has still got a whole load of points left in him...Just a bad night at the office, and sadly ZG had no backup when he had a rare off night...MJJ and Lindback need to sort themselves out sharpish or ZG will be outside the playoff positions come the end of the regular season.

7 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I'd say slightly lower in the range between 10-15k. No way is it around 100. 

It's fairly irrelevant what the helicopter cost as it was paid by sponsors rather than the club, but it definitely made the difference tonight.
Interesting that Chris had a relatively low score for Torun today...Seems that his best bikes might have been headed to his "guest" team rather than his "real" team. 
Lucky for him that Batchelor was dreadful or the Torun fans might very well have been asking big questions.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Riders these days go on far longer. Good diet and exercise, plus able to afford the best tuner and equipment. Pepe and Runa Holta both extending their racing years, as well as Hampel and to a lesser extent Walasek. Remaining a top rider well into your 40’s is not now unusual.

Don't forget that difference that advances in safety and medical care have made.
I am sure a few of those that still keep going later wouldn't be if it wasn't for those two...Some because they suffered injuries that they previously wouldn't have come back from and some because they don't see the same risk as there was in the past.

6 hours ago, Shockster said:

Wouldn't be surprised if ZG go find a guest. MJJ and Lindbaeck won't need a lot of replacing.

I'm really surprised that no-one has picked up Viktor Kulakov. Zielona Gora could do worse than give him a try.
I'm not sure about the rules and whether there is any limit on the number of riders that can be taken from 1 team (the rest of the Torun top 5 are already guesting in the Ekstraliga), or even if Viktor WANTS to try Ekstraliga this year, but he was top of the Liga 1 averages last year and is only just marginally behind Jack Holder at the top this year.
He's a tidy little rider and could surely do a job for some Ekstraliga team that has foreign riders not delivering *cough* ZG *cough*

28 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

Did you all miss me? :P Thankyou to Alex for being a "tactical substitute" yesterday while I was busy with car racing commitments, I will be back on the air tonight. :)

Alex did a fine job covering for you. 
As someone mentioned earlier, it would be great to have you both doing comms together...get some discussion going rather than 1 man trying to fill all the gaps alone.

• Like 1