Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Sportowefakty article today- Google translated

End of season for Tai Woffinden. Gleb Chugunov will undergo further tests
Tai Woffinden broke his fifth metacarpal bone with a displacement as a result of the Sunday accident in Gorzów - Betard Sparta Wrocław informed. Gleb Chugunov will also undergo further tests.

As reported by Betard Sparta, Woffinden had a dislocated fifth metacarpal fracture. For the three-time world champion, this means an untimely end to the 2020 season. The Brit will undergo surgery on his left hand on Monday.

As for Chugunov, who was supposed to perform, among others, before the Sunday match. ECG of the heart, it will undergo comprehensive tests. They will allow to determine whether the Betard Sparta rider is fit to ride on the following days.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the amateurish coverage of the Gorzow vs Wroclaw by Premier Sports, reading the above I realise that a couple of heats weren't captured by the host broadcaster but Premier didn't bother with any editing and just showed from heat 7 onwards!

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the amateurish coverage of the Gorzow vs Wroclaw by Premier Sports, reading the above I realise that a couple of heats weren't captured by the host broadcaster but Premier didn't bother with any editing and just showed from heat 7 onwards!

There was big problems on the night when the feed out of Gorzow failed, and heats 4,5,6 were not able to be shown live- when N Sports came back they showed the missing heats in the grading break- to be fair to Premier they might not have had access to those heats. I`m sure however they had heats 1 to 3.

• Thanks 1

Teams for Friday

Zielona  Gora

9 Lindback

10 Vaculik

11 Protasiewicz

12 MJJ

13 Dudek

14 Tonder

15 Krakowiak

V

Wroclaw

1 Woffinden

2 Fricke

3 B Curzytek

4 Liszka

5 Janowski

6 Chugunov

7 M Curzytek

Gorzow

9 Wozniak

10 Zmarzlik

11 NKI

12 Kasprzak

13 Thomsen

14 Jasinski

15 Karczmarz

V

Leszno

1 Sayfutdinov

2 Kolodziej

3 Smektala

4 Lidsey

5 Piotr Pawlicki

6 Kubera

7 Szlauderbach

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Will KK turn it on when it matters

Nobody knows the answer to that one:D

I think Gorzow could be taking a chance using KK. They might be better off sticking with Iversen and using R/R

41 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I think Gorzow could be taking a chance using KK. They might be better off sticking with Iversen and using R/R

That might not be an option to them- it depends where he is on the averages.

So Doyle leaves Czesztochowa - Paving the way for him to rejoin Torun I would imagine, which in turn will probably force Chris Holder out

You couldn't make this up. Premier Sports are showing both 3rd/4th legs live but the finals delayed. Worse still, on Sunday there is no other live sport beyond 7.25pm  on  channel 1 but they are repeating the 1st leg (for the third time!) at 8pm followed by the final leg at 10pm.

• Haha 1